Default Still need to upgrade Debian to V9 but ...

Our VoIP phone system is offline due to an upgrade gone wrong. The story is a complex and sordid one, relating to Linux Debian 8 -> 9 and a 3CX SIP Switch upgrade. Stuck on 90% for two hours so far. I am working with their support people, who have been very helpful and patient with my Linux sysadmin skills (or lack thereof). The techs are in Eastern Europe and are not answering now, so this may go on until tomorrow morning.

Normally this switch updates itself automatically (thank goodness). Somehow this got bolluxed up last week on the latest upgrade. It's been running perfectly for over two years......

I'll post back when the phones are back. My apologies.
    -- Bob

OK, this was a result of the Debian 8 Linux on our system failing to automatically update the 3CX Phone system, resulting in a total failure of the phone switch. It seems that the Debian Linux community moved some critical file repositories, resulting in 3CX's switch update script failing during a Debian component refresh that precedes the 3CX update itself, leaving the phone switch dead and eventually timing out the license. Yeek. I have learned a lot more than I ever wanted to about Debian Linux :-) The switch is back online, our phones are working, but I still have an OS upgrade from Debian 8 to Debian 9 to do, and there are more Debian 8 repositories that were moved, preventing that. The 3CX community has been extremely helpful. Since the tech support load here on the COmm Center has been mercifully light so far (after getting through the backlog from being away at NEAIC/NEAF), I'm just going to keep going till I have it all in good shape. This VoIP phone switch system ran totally maintenance free for almost three years so I'm not complaining. Thank heaven I kept detailed log of my process of installation and configuration, and I take weekly backups of it all -> my Google Drive.
    -- Bob

I am happy to say that the phones have been working fine for a bit over a week. However the Debian Linux still needs to be updated to V9, per 3CX. Unfortunately their upgrade script fails because the Debian developers moved some critical components to a different "archive' server and I need to edit an index manually. I think I have the bits needed but I am holding off till I get the VOEvent stuff working and complete the maintenance releases of ACP 8.2.
    -- Bob

Thread Information