Default Problems with connection to STI Telescope Control Software (when using ACP)

Hi,

I have a Planewave scope with Planewave mount. When not using ACP, everything is fine in terms of connection, control and anything else I want to do with the scope during the night.

However, when I first connect to STI telescope control software via ACP I get an error:

"Cannot connect to SciTechExe.Exe: Remote Scope Invalid"

What is kind of strange is that the SciTech window seems to come up anyway. But its intermittent in how it works. That is, sometimes when I've put in a request for observing via the web interface it has worked, but other times, nothing. Lately, it seems to be more consistently nothing, which might suggest other problems besides this warning message. However, if I try to operate the scope outside of ACP, all is still fine.

Any suggestions on what I should be investigating?
    Thanks!

Steve

Yes, the first thing to check is whether you have anything running "as Administrator". It can cause all sorts of bizarre things. I am unfamiliar with the details of how STI and Scitech work together... is this an older mount? I thought the SciTech stuff was replaced by Planewave's in-house software several years or more ago. Anyway, check the Compatibility settings (right click the ex and all shortcuts, one at a time, Properties...). Make sure none of the compatibility checkboxes are set. Beyond that I might not be able to help.
    -- Bob

Its an A200HR mount from Planewave and was purchased about 7-8 years ago. From their website it look as if its only controlled by the SciTech software. The newer scopes/mounts do seem to be controlled by newer in-house software. However, we may be using an older version of their software than the most recent update. I can check on that. I can also ask Planewave or SciTech about the specific error messages I was getting. Perhaps they would have suggestions.

As for the other suggestions you have made, I could not find any evidence of Administrator processes or compatibility issues.

OK, then you're going to need to ask Planewave about it. I am really surprised at "no Admin mode". That's the most common source of connection problems between apps and ASCOM drivers.
    -- Bob

Thread Information