Threaded View

Default Multiple Issues - Last guide star fade with AO and ACP

I have searched the threads but have not found a similar problem to mine. I am not yet running ACP 8.2.

I have used another executive program for years with the following setup:

CDK 12.5"
    Gemini focuser/rotator
    AOX
    MOAG which houses the STX RGH
    FW7
    STX 16803
    ME II using a guider relay cable
    I am running Maxim 6.19. All the drivers and firmware are up to date.
    TheSky 10.5.0

I bought the ACP licence a year ago but never had the time to make the change. I now want to "step up" to ACP and have spent many hours reading the documentation which is very complete I must say. My set up works great when I use it in the OAG mode, but when I try it with the AOX it fails as soon as a bump is required.

OAG mode:
    My FOV in the sky is the same I have been using for years. I have not gone thru the manual procedure described, but I am pretty sure it is correct. I use the CalibrateGuider script on a target in the East at 0PA, and it completes fine and returns a guide sensor angle of 2.5 (see attached). I have run several targets at different very specific PA on both sides of the meridian without any problems.

AOX mode:
    When I select the AOX in Maxim and in the guiding tab in ACP and run the CalibrateGuider script on the same target and PA, it completes OK but returns a guide sensor angle of -84.8 (also attached) which is about a 90 degrees difference When I try to guide it works OK until I change the PA and then it runs off the chip. As mentioned above, I am using a guide cable and have "guider relays" selected in Maxim.

I have also attached my ACP guider settings (in OAG mode). When I try the AOX, the only thing I change is to select AO (and the script changes the guider angle).
    Obviously I am missing on some settings, but I cannot figure out which.

Thanks for your help,
    Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information