Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default VBScript runtime error while taking Bias frames

i was trying to take 30 Bias frames When I got this message:
    03:42:31 Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error
    03:42:31 Message: Overflow
    03:42:31 Location: line 2344 column 13.
    ACP console log closed 05-Dec-2018 03:42:33 UTC

It happened twice in a row. Im sure it has something to do with my computer any Ideas?

Thanks
    Joe
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just an update on this I did a reboot of the computer and rain another 30 Bias frames with no issues. Oh Windows

Joe

Joe, you might want to eliminate your hardware as a possible cause - i.e. beat up the memory.
    If you have Win 10, there is a Windows Memory Diagnostic, or alternatively, go get Memtest86 https://www.memtest86.com/ and run it for a few hours. Seti@Home is another good test - if that runs full bore on all processors and video cards with CUDA, then your machine is probably fine.
    I recently had a problem with a very reliable machine develop a bad DIMM. Replacing the RAM was cheap, and the machine is no longer flaky.

From your log, I see you are running ACP8.2 Pre-release, MaxIm 6.18, and an SBIG camera - which one (and which accessories are on it)?
    You mention it happened twice - do you have the log from the other instance when it happened?
    When it happened, was MaxIm and ACP running a long time (eg days)?

Bob will probably weigh in with some other ideas.

Colin,
    The SBIG camera is a ST2000 with the CFW8a fliter wheel. I do have the other log but can't get to it right now as far as how long it was running maybe an hour at the most. I used the computer another 3 hrs after the reboot and did not see the issue the rest of the night. I will try those memory Diagnostic when I get back from work on Sunday see if anything turns up.

Thanks Joe

Colin,

I ran the win 10 diagnostic it showed no errors.

Can you please post the ACP Observing Plan for this? Idle curiosity...

The very strange thing is that the error line number is 2344 yet this is in the 8.2.0 script's "dark frame" name calculation. Tehe overflow happened during the actual picture acquisition which was called down at line 2356.

This is VBScript which means inside AcquireSupport, in the middle of acquiring and downloading the image. If you can baby sit the system, in ACP Preferences, Debugging tab, turn on "Pop up message window on AcquireSupport errors". Now try to reproduce the problem. If we're lucky you will, and a popup will appear. Take a screen shot of it (use the Windows Snipping Tool) and post back here.
    -- Bob

Bob,

These where the 2 plans I was running when I got the VB script error. I also checked the Pop up message window on AcquireSupport errors. Ill try to run those plans again as soon as I get a chance.

Joe
    Attached Files Attached Files

OK, I need that popup to move forward. As it says in the Debug tab of ACP Preferences, DO NOT LEAVE YOUR SYSTEM UNATTENDED WITH THAT DEBUG SWITCH ON. It will not provide you with weather safety if a popup happens. Everything stops (and that is by design).
    -- Bob

Ill run out to the observatory and try to run the script again to see if I can get it to happen again. As of now my observatory is not automated so I am always out in the computer room when I am imaging so if it stops I will be there.

Joe

OK I will be here for today but I will be doing programming/testing, and won't be paying attention to the Comm Center, for much of the day. Post back with the error box for starters.
    -- Bob

Thread Information