Bob Dick

Is it date dependent? There were successful slews in November as well as October during my testing. There were successes and failures on the same dates? Go figure!

Dick, I am wondering if the second attempt at slewing that you are seeing may have been the fact that even when the slew fails ACP continues taking the sky flats which involves a slew instruction which does not happen. I am reading this at breakfast on my IPad without all the logs in front of me. I aborted the failures. However, if I did not abort the failed runs, ACP would run the whole default flat plan to the end even though the scope did not slew.

I did not realise that slewing false is read as slew complete by ACP, apologies for suggesting the problem is ACP. I do not understand the dome reference, not having a dome I have never looked at the code. I am not quite sure what is mean’t by violating the prime directive. If I understand you right, the driver does it right or raises an error, so why is the driver saying slewing false not an error? I am probably talking nonsense but I am just so confused.

David