Hybrid View

Default changing readout modes for calibration frames

in the calibration frames acquisition option in the main menu options i can't see a way to force a given readout mode- the program defaults to fast mode (8hz) when i would rather go for high quality mode (1hz). given this calibration frames acquisition module is so useful is there a way to address this? thanks

Gavin, I'm just another customer.

In ACP User's Guide help file, see the page Using Imager Readout Modes - check out #readoutmode

In the Scheduler help file, Special Features via TextFields, you'll find #romode for doing this sort of thing.

I always thought it was weird that it wasnt consistent between the two (different keywords).
    Hope that helps,
    Colin

Thank you Colin. This is exactly right. Gavin, you can control readout mode usage as described.
    -- Bob

Thank you gents. I was a bit wary of touching the acquire image script but made the edit suggested and it appears to have worked fine. best, g

I was a bit wary of touching the acquire image script but made the edit suggested and it appears to have worked fine.
    You edited AcquireImages?
    -- Bob

Yes, it had an optional section dealing with romode and I thought that that is where I had to let it know my readout modes were 8mhz and 1 MHz... it now seems to collect data at 1mhz (so high quality) for my data runs

was I doing the wrong thing?

This is strange, the readout modes for flats, darks, and biases are controlled by the ROModeInfo config file. My info on using #romode in the ImageSet for the scheduler applies only to data/light frames. Cal frames and flats are run by ACP under Scheduler's control at the appointed time(s). Here is now to control readout mode with ACP observing plans (which are used for Scheduler cal frames) and ACP flat fielding:

-- Bob

Thread Information