Threaded View

OK. I get that. In the log above, why is Scheduler trying to open the dome if the weather is unsafe? There's no elapsed time from the "startup successful" message to the "test failed" message. This is right after start up was completed. Are you sure there's not a coding bug at that point? In unsafe weather it shouldn't be trying to open the dome.

That is quite apart from reporting the dome in an error condition. I will try to chase that down. A shutter error status *is* strange, though, because the dome is closed at start up, and start up does not open the dome. When closing the night before or earlier on the same evening, I would have set the shutter status to indicate that. The start up script is running at 21+UT, so this is a cold start from a closed observatory. Log attached.

In the log, at 21:18:35, "Dome is connected". That means ACP sent a Dome.Connected = true command, or something similar. I will look at/modify the Connected() sub in the dome driver, or at least put some trace statements in there to see what's going on, and starting up again at nighttime by forcing weather to be unsafe if it's not.

Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    w. focal reducer to f/5.3 ~ FL 1630mm
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XME
    FOV ~ 15' x 10'
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    MaxIm and, of course, ACP!
    AAVSO Code: BRIC