Hybrid View

Default ACP Planner - TheSkyX

I purchased TheSkyX to help with mosaic imaging setup in ACP Planner. After watching the ACP planner videos i realized the examples were with TheSky-6, not X. Does ACP Planner work with TheSkyX? Should I have purchased Starry-Night instead? Does Starry Night also allow for mosaic image planning? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yes, TheSkyX produces mosaics in the same format. Tools menu > Mosaic Grid > (checkbox) Show mosaic grid > Geometry. Get the tile sizes etc from your FOVI for ease of use. For more info on generating the mosaic see TheSky user manual. Now in the Advanced tab, click To Clipboard. Start ACP Planner and in its File menu > Import TheSky Mosaic... then follow the prompts etc.
    -- Bob

Bob -

Thank you for the reply. The mosaic grid works now and this is key. However, I still cannot get any of the single image targets from SkyX to ACP Planner. I noticed in the videos that there is an applet, is that a separate download? When i generate an observing list in SkyX I cannot find how to get the proper data into ACP.

When using the Import SkyTools List - I get a message "clipboard doesn’t contain SkyTools object data", or when using the Import TheSky Data Wizzard - I get "Clipboard doesn’t contain TheSky comma-deliminated data".

It seems like the applet is the key bridge but i'm not sure where/how to activate it.

Dave

Ok, I figured this out. Under the Windows start menu, then under the ACP Planner is "The Sky Plan Capture", there are actually a few applications under the ACP Planner folder on the start menu. This is the application needed to bridge TheSkyX to the ACP Planner. I didn't realize there were extra applications under the start menu.

Anyway, this is really simple now. If anyone needs any help please let me know... i think i tried just about everything.

Dave

Thank heavens! I just spent 30 minutes typing out and doing screenshots for TheSky Data WIzard etc. and this bleeping forum refused my post and l lost it all. For future reference at least here are my screen shots.

-- Bob

Thread Information