Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ACP Issue Object reference not set

While reloading the programs and preferences after the computer crash, ACP is consistently returning this error:

Object reference not set

Any idea how to correct this? See the attached text file.

I have spent several hours on this. I filled in the data in Maxim as to the telescope location (that was missing). Set a few other prefs as well. ACP seems to playe solve, find stars, then on the second go round to point I get the same or similar message.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Grant Hiestand; Oct 10, 2018 at 07:04.

Default ACP Issue Object reference not set

The System.Dynamic is an indication that this error is coming from within TheSky. Remembering that I have seen this a few times before, I searched here and found this http://forums.dc3.com/showthread.php...trying-to-Sync. See if this could be your issue.

Basically, starting with a recent Daily Build, doing a Sync to the Paramount without a T-Point model active results in this goofy error. They say it’s not a bug, it’s a feature. Well, ok. Anyway, make up a T-Point model then in the TheSky Driver, make sure “inhibit Sync to protect T-Point model” is enabled.
    -- Bob

After some searching, I read this last night in a few threads as well, Bob. There is a Tpoint model installed and active. What I couldn't find was that location where the Ascom setting was located. Usually it's under advanced where you do a trace, just not sure which area it's under.

I can’t make you a screen shot here from the hotel, but there is a screen shot in that other thread somewhere. In the ACP Telescope Menu, Settings... this shows the ASCOM Chooser where you select the TYPE of mount. It should show ASCOM Telescope Driver for TheSky. Now click Properties... (TheSky’s own settings for its ASCOM Interface) and look for Inhibit Sync... Make sure that is on.
    -- Bob

Great, Bob, I'll look there, just needed a pointer. That trace can be under so many different areas. I'll locate it pretty easily now.

Ok, it' set! I'll try again when the weather clears.

You could turn on the Simulated Images, disconnect Weather, disable Dome control, then run in daylight when its raining, well assuming your scope can move about freely with the domebroof closed. If not, then wait for night/Safe weather.
    -- Bob

Yeah, no dome....just a Telegizmos cover. We have a clear night coming up Sunday, I believe. But even if it's cloudy, I'll try it.

Ok. Just trying to get you going before the Golden opportunity! The Simulated starfield option is in ACP Preferences, General tab. Be sure to turn it back off before a real night ha ha. I have shot myself in the foot with that one.
    -- Bob

Ah, I see your rationale on this now! Next cloudy night I'll give this a whirl! Can't wait to be back up and running.

We had a clear patch of sky and T tried both the Simulated and real sky tests tonight. In both cases, the mount went from park and slewed to the object. But, as soon as it got there and started taking an exposure, the tracking stopped. The Imager and Activity bars are stretched across the screen.

Capture.PNG

Not sure what's happening here. I know you're out of town, so maybe we can connect when you're back at the office and can run through this.

Thread Information