Hybrid View

Default Can't Attach Files - Got into a Parallel Universe

Hi Bob
    I can't attach the Scheduler Engine log - can't find an Upload button in this new version of the forum software??

Meanwhile I checked the weather latch time and it was set to zero so I've changed this to 10 minutes.

Peter.

Peter, You have to drag the right-hand margin of the Upload window to the right to expose the Upload button - bad design by the forum software builders.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    w. focal reducer to f/5.3 ~ FL 1630mm
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XME
    FOV ~ 15' x 10'
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    MaxIm and, of course, ACP!
    AAVSO Code: BRIC

Hi Dick, yes I was aware of that with the previous version of the software. But this Bulletin version doesn't seem to have any obvious way to even browse for files to upload. I've typed this after clicking the reply arrow. There's a Go Advanced option but that just brings in things like 'Automatically parse links' and 'Subscribe to this thread'. This change to the forum software only happened today or yesterday.

The forum software hasn't changed in two+ years. Here is a link to the article on how to attach files. I don't know why the upload window shrunk. I haven't applied any updates to the forum software (it is running on a system I have control over, no one else can change or update it).
    -- Bob

This is going to sound strange. I seem to have got into a parallel version of the forum - see first screenshot attached. I've now found a way back to the 'normal' version, by clicking Full Site at the bottom of the page (see second attachment - arrowed).
    This is why I couldn't upload anything - the vBulletin version doesn't have the option. I don't know how I got into it.

Back to the issue, and the third attachment is the Scheduler Engine log you requested Bob.

Peter.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

You are seeing the "mobile" version of the site, which has restricted capabilities. What system/browser were you using? In your mobile browser, you may have an option "view desktop site" or the like. And as you found, you can get back with the "view full site" link at the bottom.

You can get to the mobile site via the style chooser too (not that you'd want to ha ha):

-- Bob

I was using my desktop PC running Win 7. However I did have a play with the Quick Style Chooser the other day - it's possible I've somehow selected the Mobile Style.

That would do it :-) The mobile interface is reduced in function. I think they aimed it at the iPhone and iPad, neither of which have file systems (only private sauce belonging to each app, plus photos).
    -- Bob

Thread Information