The Private Message function is supposed to be completely disabled. I did this because it would be just another form of personal email to me, and we handle all tech support through the Forums here. I apologize for your frustration. It has been ages since I looked at the forum settings here, so I will go back and review them to prevent future frustration.

Also I try to visit here at least once or twice a day (and usually for an hour plus each time :-)), but I also have other responsibilities, so it may be several hours to a day (depending on the time you post a thread) before I can respond. The good news is that there are hundreds of fellow ACP and PinPoint users on here and you may get a helpful answer from one of them before I see your post.

I'll be happy to help you with both issues. Please post a thread into the PinPoint and Visual PinPoint Forum, and describe what troubles you are having updating PinPoint. Also, there is a catalog checker in the PinPoint section of your Windows Start Menu. Fire it up and do a check of the GSC with that. My guess is that you might have pointed MaxIm to C:\GSC11\gsc, and TABLES is at C:\GSC11\TABLES. In this case the correct path for MaxIm is C:\GSC11. The catalog, as originally distributed, consists of both the gsc and TABLES folders so the path must be to the parent of both folders.