Default Another Great TV Show

Hi Bob,
    Thanks again for a very enjoyable and educational presentation. I picked up a number of useful items I had not been leveraging.Thanks so much for all of this.

Ron

Thank you very much!!! I did not cover everything I wanted (by quite a bit) so I am going to do another Scheduler one in three weeks (skipping a week for Summertime family visits). I'll announce a week ahead as usual.
    -- Bob

Great!! These sessions are a fabulous value-added aspect. Thank you!! Something interesting to learn how to control is as follows: My now orphaned QSI camera (6140) has 2 read modes.. fast (2 sec) or really low noise (about 20 sec). I notice and enjoy very much how during sessions ACP uses fast readout mode for plate solve and focusing. Production images use low noise read mode. I would love to be able to direct the scheduler plans to use fast readout mode when imaging bright things like clusters. I have prefs set to not guide when subs are 60 sec or less (individually) and tagging a 20 sec readout for a bright cluster would maybe often be better at 2 sec which is still pretty low read noise.

How to direct Maxim to switch read modes in plans would be awesome for efficiency's sake. Not critical.. just interesting.

Thanks again. Ron.

You can control readout mode in Scheduler, but it's what I would call an "obscure" feature. If you look in Scheduler Help, under Advanced Features, Readout Mode Support, there you'll find how to control this and override the "defaults" in the ROModeInfo config file (see below). It works just like the #romode in ACP observing plans. I'm seriously considering adding a new Special Features section to the Scheduler web forms to mitigate the painful and error-prone process of adding these fields to all of the ImageSets via the Schedule Browser.

ACP-1614 - Add a "Special Features" section to the Scheduler Web Submission Forms

-- Bob

Thanks so much Bob! Too easy!! Ya gotta love great programming. Judging from what I see in autofocus logs for me it would be #romode [2] for fast readout.
    During same such objects geared for speed - no guiding etc.. I'd also likely want to add #no preview on a newline in Description for the ImageSet.

Best,
    Ron

No you use the NAME from MaxIm's list, not the number. I'm not big on numbers for filters or readout modes though I use filter numbers in ACP setup and the FilterInfo file (not used by mere mortals, only the engineers that configure the observatory!)
    -- Bob

Thank you again Bob! Yes #romode [Fast Readout] is better than a number! LOL I will not need to search a log for that when I forget..
    Wow this is really going to jack up efficiency for certain class of objects.

Thanks!! And don't forget to put in #nopreview for another cadence gain. If you still need more, I can get you a fix (that will be in the next release) for #nopreview that further reduces overhead.
    -- Bob

Thread Information