Threaded View

Default MaxIm DL - ASCOM Direct Telescope Choice is Spontaneously Deleted

Hi Bob. I've been having a new guiding issue since you fixed my old problem. So the past few nights everything seems to start up fine. ACP picks a nice guide star and all looks well. But as I watch the guiding, the X side starts to slowly move up until it's around 2.0. Normally my guiding stays below .10 on x and y. A few nights ago after you looked at my problem I noticed this new issue happening. So I killed the run, went into Maxim guider settings and noticed that the Direct Guide Box was not checked. So I checked it, restarted the run and the guiding was perfect.

Last night, my run started again and the problem happened again. The x side creeped up despite a good looking star. I let a 1200 second image finish and the stars looked bad. So I stopped the run, went back into Maxim and saw that Direct guide was indeed checked. Then I went into properties and noticed that in the drop down panel there was nothing selected. So I opened it and selected ASCOM direct guide for Sky X (or something like that). I clicked on ok, saved the changes, started the run and the guiding was perfect the rest of the night.

I am going to image again tonight, but based on whats happened the past two nights I am pretty sure this will happen again. It seems like ACP may be changing those settings for some reason but I am not sure.

Do you have any thoughts on this? I have no idea what to do other than manually killing the run and doing what I did last night.

Thanks

Albert

PS I've attached two log files. The first is the one where I killed the run due to poor guiding. The second was the successful run but I had a Sky X issue and the shutdown did not complete properly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information