Bob,

This is something I've seen a number of times and wondering if there isn't a way for ACP to see that the rotator has reached it's limit and is resetting? I know we're likely to lose a frame as ACP can't see that the rotator being used as a derotator and camera rotator is at ot reaching it's limit but when the rotator is commanded by ACP to go to a camera PA of course it's aware but what about as a derotator? Any idea how other rotators used this way handle this? John has a call into Jeff at Optec to see if there is a solution or at least an optimal way to handle this but my thinking with both derotation and camera PA the best we can hope for is a paused between image acquiring if ACP sees the rotator is busy with either function. I hope this is making sense. Last night was an example while the rotator was resetting ACP was taking a pointing update image and of course the pointing update failed as expected. Just trying to figure a way to minimize this effect if possible. Dr. Crass ahs seen and asked about this as well.

-Steve