Default New DC-3 Dreams YouTube Channel is Online

We have opened a new YouTube channel dedicated to DC-3 Dreams. SP. Up to now, our videos have been mixed in with Bob's personal videos and playlists. We've reloaded the legacy videos onto the new channel, reorganized the layout, and added the sections for the new Live TV programs. Please subscribe to get notifications of new content. After years of neglect, we're going to keep this alive and help get the word out on the rich features of ACP Expert, and news on observatory projects around the world.

PS: For easy recall, the channel has a "nice" URL: https://www.youtube.com/c/Dc3DreamsAstro

Here are direct links to past live stream videos:
    Getting the Most from ACP Expert – Part 1(July 21, 2018)
    Getting the Most from ACP Observing Plans (July 7, 2018)
    Customizing File and Folder Names and Cloud Image Delivery (June 23, 2018)
    Where are My Files? Clearing the Confusion (June 9, 2018)
    Operation of ACP’s Dispatch Scheduler Including Subtleties (May 16, 2018)
    Open Session: MDW HAlpha Sky Survey, ACP Expert Does the Messier Marathon (May 5, 2018)
    Last edited by Stephanie Denny; Aug 13, 2018 at 20:34.

The thumbnails need to be jazzed up!
    -- Bob

Bob, Good Morning.

Sunday here. Sorry I couldn't watch live because of family activities, but I watched the replay this morning. This was very informative, MDW particularly, and you're really good at being the "engineer" as well as the emcee at the same time.

Regarding the Messier Marathon, you emphasized starting the simulator with a sundown of -10 so the sky in the east would be dark enough, yet it was curious but natural that the marathon begins in the west at 5 hours RA. So in a practical, real world observing I imagine the first image or two, in the west, could be affected by the brighter sky. Maybe it's not much though, anyway.

You've had the Messier Marathon available for many years now. In tweaking Scheduler over the years, have you notice whether the order of acquisition of all of them has changed in any way? Particularly for the better?

It's sad that David Mittleman should pass on right in the midst of his exciting project and not live to see the results. He didn't look old enough for that tragedy.

Good show last night. Thanks for your effort.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    w. focal reducer to f/5.3 ~ FL 1630mm
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XME
    FOV ~ 15' x 10'
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    MaxIm and, of course, ACP!
    AAVSO Code: BRIC

Great 3rd. show on YouTube I wish I would of caught it live. Please email us with as much advance notice as possible.

Joe

It was far better this time! I'd like to see a little more granularity on how to use these features. Went a little to quick for me to see where you clicked on what. I didn't see how to do some of the stuff.
    I posted elsewhere about that.
    Peter

Thanks very much. Yeah, this one was "experimental" too, so I thought I'd just post it on the comm center. I'll be mailing out future show announcements.
    -- Bob

Thanks for the kind words!! I learned that I may need to keep the topics down to just one. I felt rushed to make it in under 20 minutes. Also I don't plan to do these as detailed click by click "how to" videos, just indicate what can be done. I want to give people the idea that there may be more to ACP Expert than they realize.
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,

I just had a chance to watch the replay of your last broadcast. Great job! I'll try to catch the live broadcast next time. It would be helpful to get an e-mail well in advance of the broadcast time.

Thanks for all you do for all of us!!

Geoff

Thank you very much. I will definitely email before the next one. I need to figure out if that Saturday night in the US at 0100UTC is a good time. I suspect during the week may be better for everyone including me!
    -- Bob

yep that is a tough time for me to watch.....I liked this episode, was quite enlightening. Loved the graphs that visual really locks it in....
    I guess its a matter for each to decide, but for me, completing a project in a season ... or timely beats the benefit of lowest atmosphere....
    Well just one mans opinion!! Especially since we're doing science in the first part of the evening so really cuts into the astro imaging time left after that.

Hey where is the link to that article????

Peter

Thread Information