Question Transfer licence to remote obs PC and upgrade

Hello,

We are planning to have a shared setup hosted remotely.
    I currently own a "basic" licence which I would like to upgrade to "personal internet".
    So:
    1. After I upgrade, my understanding is that my 2 fellow astro-imagers with whom I'll be sharing the rig will be able to connect to the web browser from anywhere, just like I'll be doing. Is that correct?
    2. We need to have ACP running on the PC in the observatory whilst I currently have it installed on my personal laptop. Can I simply install ACP on that new PC and use the same licence number to activate it?

I'm sure these questions have been asked (and answered) before but a quick search thru the forum did not bring them up so sorry for the repeat

François

Hi

Can someone please reply to my question above of March 27?

Thx

Francois

I'm sorry Francois! I didn't see this "new message flag" until this morning. I probably looked at your original message and then got distracted and didn't answer it.

We are planning to have a shared setup hosted remotely.
    I currently own a "basic" licence which I would like to upgrade to "personal internet".
    So:
    1. After I upgrade, my understanding is that my 2 fellow astro-imagers with whom I'll be sharing the rig will be able to connect to the web browser from anywhere, just like I'll be doing. Is that correct?

Yes, that's right. And each of you can have your own account with your own image, log, and plan folders.

2. We need to have ACP running on the PC in the observatory whilst I currently have it installed on my personal laptop. Can I simply install ACP on that new PC and use the same licence number to activate it?

Yes, as long as you are only using ACP on one computer and observatory. If you want to continue using your laptop with current observatory then you will need a second license for the new observatory. One license per observatory.
    -- Bob

Thanks Bob. This is clear. We are looking forward to automating our dream setup with ACP. I'll post pictures when ready to collect photons!

Francois

Thread Information