Threaded View

Default Guided Script and Maxim Multi-Star

Hello,

Have had a clot of clouds in California but back to imaging. My mount has been tuned up bu Astrophysics and any mechanical issues are set aside. I have been getting eccentricities of 0.4-0.5 with single star guiding using minimal (0.4-6) aggressivity and 0.03 on the minimal moves.... letting the mount run mostly.

In the search for guiding nirvana, I tried to use the multi-star guiding but would not run. Lost stars. I recalibrated OK. I forget how I got this to work in the past. I know the key for me was mostly to increase the exposures to 5s and this seemed to get enough stars for it to work right.

I recalibrated the guider last night using Bob’s script and went back to the old settings and it guided OK. But still looking for better with the multi-star.

I do not think we have resolved the issue of Bob's script and multi-star, i.e. can you do both. Can you calibrate with single-star and then run multi-star?

Cheers,

JY

PS We are still on .16?
    Last edited by Bob Denny; Mar 6, 2018 at 16:23. Reason: This looked like several repeats of the same message, I cleaned it up -- Bob

Thread Information