Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bob, the typical code you use in your example autoflat does work with the command line with the Digital Loggers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denny View Post
    I can do anything with software ha ha. As it is now, the panel requires a command line. I went onto the DLI web site and found this command line tool for turning outlets on and off. It's very strange that it is combined with a Perl script. I have attached UU.exe (in a zip file). It runs self-contained. If you open a CMD shell and just type UU it gives help:

> uuUserUtil 4.5 (c) DLI 2016

Usage: UU <Host>[ort] <loginassword> <[n]{on|off|pulse|status|power|name}|runNNN|interact> ...

So presumably

> uu 192.168.1.123:8012 admin:secret 1 on

would turn on outlet 1 (which may be labeled 2 on the box, the numbers may run from 0 not 1)
    Matt Russell

Great! Problem solved. The ASCOM driver is good in a scripting environment, but for this, the command line is the right tool.
    -- Bob

I got a reply from Todd Benko who also says that the new one should work with the driver. He sent me the source so I can tell where the trace file goes. Also I know the original author Chris Rowland. Worst comes to worst, we can use the UU.exe command line tool (there's a change IT might not work on your unit...). I will keep working this problem. I may need to get back onto your system to do more playing and testing,
    -- Bob

Bob,

i have 2 separate Digital Logger switches in my setup, a 7 and the new pro version. is it possible to access both switches with the ASCOM driver? i tried manually adding a profile using the ASCOM Profiler but that did not work:

ASCOM.jpg

The code i tried to create was:

DL.jpg

Any ideas? Please let me know if you can't see the graphics.

Thanks.

Carl Lancaster

Hi Carl,

I don't have the definitive answer for you, but the ASCOM Standards organization doesn't distribute a driver with the handle of ASCOM.DigitalLoggersPro.Switch. I'm not sure it's just a matter of changing the name either, since there seems to be some discussion on the forum about whether the two switches operate the same way. Here's a thread that started four years ago, and the most recent posts leave the question up in the air about whether the 7 and the Pro are driven the same way. I tried to compare the user's guides for both but got distracted and never chased this to ground.

http://forums.dc3.com/showthread.php...6260#post46260

If they so work the same way, you should be able to use the same ASCOM driver for both - just calling them by different names. So:

PWC = new ActiveXObject("ASCOM.DigitalLoggers.Switch");
    PWCPro = new ActiveXObject("ASCOM.DigitalLoggers.Switch");
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

Dick,

Thanks for responding. I don’t know enough about the ASCOM driver (yet!), but it looks like the ASCOM.DigiltalLoggers.Switch object allows you to point to only one IP address. That is why I tried to manually setup the profile with the second IP address, but I don’t think that entry is connecting to the driver. I also did not see a method that allowed you to change the IP address of the object. Anyway I am going to try your suggestion tomorrow, I will let you know.

Thanks again.

Carl

Carl, You're quite right! My advice above is clearly wrong - I thought about this (in my sleep :-) overnight and realized that the problem is still with addressability. So while setting up two objects with different names (PWC and PWCPro) will give you two instantiations of the driver, it won't deal with the different addresses of the two switches. It won't hurt to try, but I now doubt it will work. Sorry.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

Dick,

No worries, I will let you know how it goes tonight and wait for Bob to weigh in,

Thanks.

Carl

I am not privy to the internals of the driver, but I suspect that it can only remember a single IP address. Even if you create two instances of the driver, I suspect it will look in the same (single) place for the saved IP address (set by the setup dialog). I did contact Todd Benko but he is not actively monitoring traffic on this. What needs to happen is creation of a second separate driver with separate Windows COM registration and a separate ASCOM listing for the chooser, and that one needs to remember its configured IP address in its own location.

Do for the second one, and maybe for simplicity for both of them, you'll need to use the UU.EXE command line app. If you need help scripting it via ACP's Util.ShellExec() function I can help. I don't have a DLI unit but I have the doc and can give you something that is close to right or maybe will just work.
    -- Bob

Bob,

Thanks, actually you can add the ASCOM listing through the profiler, but as you point out, you need to register the second driver distinct from the first. Too bad at the moment it can't be done, the connection to the single DL box is great. Maybe Todd Benko can work some programming magic, either adding the ability to register a second object or a method to change the IP address in the script.

That said, where can i get the UU.exe app? I used the Util.ShellExec function with the TS.exe program, so I am somewhat familiar with it, but I need sample code for connecting to and switching on/off the DL Pro switches if you have it available.

Thanks.

Carl

Thread Information