Hybrid View

Default No-IP remote Web interface connection stopped working

After the Jan 18 windows10 update, I had to re-install ACP and re-enter the ACP license. I have verified that local lan access via web brower to the lan IP is working just fine but remote access via No-IP address is not working. It just reports that address not found.

I thought there might be something wrong with no-IP DUC program.. Found that there was a new version 4.1.1. Downloaded it and updated software from 3.1.1, The ClientID, update and IP addresses on the No-IP status display all appear OK with check marks. There are 0 notices and 0 alerts on No-IP interface. Trying the site hostname with the Web Server Internet enabled as usual in ACP is not having any connection with ACP web interface.

Do not know where to proceed next with resolving the problem.

Todd Benko

Hi Todd -- long time no hear... Look at the port number and IP address of your PC (you can easily see them in ACP Preferences, Servers tab), then go look at the port forwarding in your router. Is the proper port forwarded to the PC's IP. Your PC's IP maybe is dynamically assigned by the router? Maybe it changed? I suggest you make the IP on the PC (a PC setting) some address outside the range of dynamic assignments (a router setting).
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,

Yes it has been long, Still no imaging due to foster systems driver problems. Work has kept me away from any hobby activity since August. Regarding my problem, yes I forgot that my observatory property owner can access the ACP computer on local LAN using port 8080 so that means that ACP is working fine and windows 10 on the observatory computer is working fine.

We checked the router and yes we have port forwarding on port 8080 all set on both input and output going direct to my observatory computer 192.x address. So the router appears fine. What we are seeing is that when we perform the port check the IP address that comes up is not our WAN side of the router. So that means the port has been turned off by the ISP provider. So we need to talk to the ISP in the morning. I'm totally out of tune with my system now. Had I been able to use it regularly I would have picked up when the ISP or someone upstream made the change.

Hope you have been getting some stick time in the helicopter. Thank again for the insight and keeping my thoughts on the right direction of the problem.

Todd

If you'll tell me the domain name (too many in our system to remember!) I can look it up and see what IP it is reporting, allowing you to exclude more possibilities. I hope you'll renew your license once you get back on the air. for now, though, this is OK.
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,

One step further but not out of the woods yet. It looks like the ISP had blocked all inbound ports and needed to reboot their equipment. Now if I run port check on canyouseeme.org on port 8080 it reports success it can see service on 162.254.40.226 on port 8080. So now if I try using the IP address directly in the web browser it connects through to ACP. That part is the success.

2018-02-02 4-48-48 PM-dtdastro.jpg

The problem is still that using the no-ip host name http://dtdastro.my-sky.com:8080/ it still fails to connect yet even the DUC no-ip show a successful validation . Is there a problem with No-IP account at this time?

Todd

This is the problem. that address is an internal one, and somehow NoIp thinks it's your external IP. I show the 192.168.1.222 address as your external, and that cannot be right. Somehow, NoIp is getting confused by whatever connectivity you have there. Do you have multiple routers? I looked in the No-IP troubleshooting info at their site and I can't see anything like this and I haven't see it myself either.
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,

Found the issue... In the DUC, when I upgraded to version 4.1.1 the preferences were changed to IP detection method: use the IP of my local adapter instead of detect my IP using remote methods. It either changed during the install or I changed it after the install when it still didn't work when the ISP was still blocking the port. Chances are the whole issue started as an ISP issue and then I created other configuration issues during the upgrades in trying to resolve the problem when things were still not working. Aggg.

In order to use DUC NOIP the IP detection method has to be set to "Detect my IP using remote methods".

Todd

OK, good, thanks!!
    -- Bob

Thread Information