Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default MaxIm started reporting CCDCamera.CanSetTemperature = false

The last week, the cooler icon has stopped coming up on the web interface.

The camera hadn't been working properly and I had changed the USB connection so it wasn't going through a USB hub but direct to the computer.

Since then the camera is working perfectly but the cooler icon doesn't come up on the web interface any more. I don't know if these two things are related or not.

If I connect directly in the interface by clicking on Imager, the camera connects and Maxim DL opens, but there is no cooler icon to turn on the cooler.

If I used StartUpObs the camera connects and the camera chip cools but again there is no Web interface Cooler icon.

Any reason this might be happening?

Peter

Ugh a USB change and now the same software has "stopped working"... I assume you mean the word "cooler" that is a link? Otherwise I don't know what icon you mean. Please create this script and save it into Program files (x86)\ACP Obs Control\Scripts. Connect ACP to the camera. Then run this script in the ACP console. Tell me the output:

TempTest.js
    Code:
    function main(){
        var tc = Camera.CanSetTemperature;
        Console.PrintLine("Temp control is " + tc);
        if(tc) {
            if(Camera.CoolerOn) {
                Console.PrintLine("Cooler is on");
                Console.PrintLine("Current temp is " + Camera.Temperature);
            } else {
                Console.PrintLine("Cooler is off");
            }
        }
    }
    I also attached the script in a zip file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -- Bob

Bob, it comes up with " Temperature Control is False"

Then somehow your camera is reporting that its temperature cannot be controlled via the MaxIm programming API. ACP is sensing this and adjusting itself for a camera with no controllable cooler. This is not inside ACP. Something happened when you made the USB changes. The only thing I can suggest is to post to the MaxIm Tech Support forum. Just tell them that "all of a sudden, after a USB change, the API property CCDCamera.CanSetTemperature is now returning False. What could have happened?"
    -- Bob

Okay Bob, will do.

The cooler works fine in MaxIm DL on its own, as well as TheSkyX on its own, unsure if that means anything here?

Peter

The cooler works fine in MaxIm DL on its own, as well as TheSkyX on its own, unsure if that means anything here?
    It doesn't, sorry. I rely on the MaxIm programming interface and it is currently reporting incorrect data.
    -- Bob

So what is happening when I turn the cooler on in Maxim, and the temperature numbers go down, and power to the camera increases ( well that is what it is saying in Maxim camera interface)

I just deselected " dual chip mode" in Maxim DL and the 'cooler button' has come back on in the ACP web interface. I thought as I have an off axis guider that was the mode to select, but doesn't seem so now.

But the filters aren't coming up in ACP web interface

I just asked the question on the Diffraction forum if I need to select Dual Chip Mode in Maxim Camera setup, and I have to with an STX 16803 with off-axis guider.

I have sent the information you wrote Bob to Diffraction and they are going to look into it.

Thanks Bob

Peter

Thread Information