Default When I try to open ACP Planner I get a Run-time error '76': path not found

When I try to run ACP Planner I get a "run time error '76': path not found" message. I have tried to rerun the download and pick repair but I get a message that "the specified account already exists." message. ACP Planner has worked in the past is this a problem related to the newest Win10 update?

Planner itself should be fine, the TheSky Plan Capture won't work after the KB4056898 and related Windows updates. The direct download link to Planner is

http://download.dc3.com/ACPPlanner-4.2a-Setup.msi

Don't uninstall, just run this installer for repair (or upgrade if repair is not an option).
    -- Bob

Bob,

Thanks my computer just finished installing an update this afternoon I re installed ACP Planner did a repair and now its working.

Joe

Just another note after my computer updated to win 10, version 1709 it now looks like that TheSky Plan Capture is also working.

Joe

Just don't let it install that update KB4056892 or whatever version of it applies to your OS (the one I list is for 1709 x64 bit).

I might be beating a dead horse, but is there a work-around for a system that already has KB4056892 installed?

Thanks!
    --Dave

Dave,

I don't believe anyone is having problems do to that update anymore.

Joe

Thanks Joe, you're right. That update contained a bug which Microsoft corrected in a March 2018 update, 6 weeks later. The bug was super obscure.

David is this the issue I got from Gordon Spear by email? Is he specifically having as runtime error 76? Or can we get some specific detail? Or maybe his system is way behind on Windows 10 updates and hasn't had the March 2018 update applied? I want to work this issue here and not by email.

He's also concerned about image file naming so if you have questions on that, please by all means post a ticket here. You can look at ACP Help > Customizing ACP > Customizing File and Folder names for info on that. If he is using the web/mobile interface to ACP (and not remoting in and using it as the observatory operator) then he can have any file naming he wants specially for him, with others having their own as well.
    -- Bob

Thread Information