Hybrid View

Default ACP Telescope Connection Failure (Windows 10 Update?)

Hello,

I tried connecting ACP to my telescope a few minutes ago--gorgeous evening for imaging--and the following failure message popped up: "ACP-object required" I then did OK and the following message: "Run-Time error 91 object variable or with block variable not set." Is this the message of death from KB4056898 and KB4057892? I just want to know if these error messages could be something else. I thought I was finally ready to do my maiden ACP automated run when this popped up. Am I meant to use ACP or what?

Thanks,
    Ed
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ed Walendowski; Jan 20, 2018 at 00:22.

Please see posted error images. I am still experiencing the same connect problem EVEN AFTER I installed the ASCOM FixDCOM. I cannot even connect to set up AP driver. Help!

Ed

When it rains it pours. Here is problem 3. And, yes, this is frustrating especially when I had no problems connecting ACP with my mount last month. Now, I cannot shut down my computer because of the following error: "Closing 1 APP AP V2 Driver. This APP is preventing shut down." Wonderful, another imaging test come and gone.

Ed

At this point, I am at a loss as to what to do. Should I just do the "manual workaround" as suggested before the "fix" tool came into play? If I do the manual workaround now that I have employed the "fix" tool would that complicate matters again? I would appreciate any help and/or suggestions as to what to do from here. Thanks.

Ed, I'm just another customer who's done some investigation with Bob and others into this.

You definitely were hit by the MSFT update, that caused the original problem.
    The first screenshot you posted is the tell-tale error showing that problem.

The Fixdcom thing won't necessarily cure everything.
    You'll need to tell us what all you are running eg all the software stack, including whether you use APCC, what versions, etc.

Problem 3 - not being able to shut down - you'll need to use Task Manager to find the offending components and kill them (stop the process).

An option may be to back out the KB, and then in the windows update advanced settings, pause the installation of updates for 30 days.
    However, I'd suggest you make a backup, and set a restore point as well, before proceeding.

Good luck.
    Colin

Thank you for your suggestions, Colin. You were right, the Fixdcom did not fix everything. I had to go in and do the manual Workaround as well for other components. It is now about 90% fixed--ACP connects to the telescope and the computer now shuts down clean as well!! Now, I have a new problem after this fix with The SkyPlan Capture. I was encouraged this evening so I tried to do my first automated ACP run. Well, this is what happened: I opened up The SkyCapture Plan and then clicked on the control window where it states "Click here then click on object in the sky." The SkyClick window appeared with the following error: "Run-time error 91 Object variable or with block variable not set." What is this all about? I went back to see if I changed all the necessary components to "Call." It appears that I did. So, what is the problem now? Is The SkyPlan Capture hiding under some other name that I do not recognize in the DCOMCNFG? I am using The SkyX. Thanks again. At least I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel now.

Hi Ed, glad to hear some stuff is better.
    Hopefully someone else will have suggestions for this one... it's a bit outside my experience.

There are a number of issues with TheSkyX and the Bisque folks are looking into them.
    There's a big long thread over there: www.bisque.com/sc/forums/t/32569.aspx
    It basically tells you to try the stuff you did already.
    Daniel Bisque is basically saying they are waiting on Microsoft to produce a fix.
    You can always do it the old fashioned way by building your own plans.

Thanks, Colin. I appreciate your assistance, support, and a shoulder to cry on. I will begin a new thread about the Planner since my previous problems were solved but a new one was once again created. Ed

I replied to that one Ed. Srry I was gone yesterday (sat) and most of today, and now I have to leave again. The problem that remains is with TheSky.
    -- Bob

Thread Information