Hybrid View

Default W 10 update fix - not always working.

Just a note on the W 10 update issue. The problem with our system at Deep Sky West (a cooperative between myself and Tom Carrico) has been that PhD cannot get guide commands thru the TSX ASCOM driver to guide our Paramount ME. At least two PHD/Paramount users (Tom on our system being one) have now very carefully gone thru the instructions and report that the fix does not work for this particular problem. Tom is an EE with software experience and is very careful about this stuff so I trust that he did this right. There is clearly something more going on in this case.

We have rolled back the update install and that did fix the problem but that is temporary, of course.

Please recognize I am NOT complaining but I did want this data point to be out there.
    Bill McLaughlin

For every complex problem there is an answer
    that is clear, simple, and wrong.

H. L. Mencken

My Website: Nightskypictures

My Observatory: Raptor Ridge

Thanks Bill! We're keeping up here on the public thread here, as well as a cooperative discussion in the premium ACP forum here (which helped me zero in on the issue a lot!). Besides trying to clarify and help on other forums like the ASCOM Talk thread, the Diffraction/MaxIm thread, the SGP thread, and the Software Bisque thread, of course I give our customers the best service I can.
    -- Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denny View Post
    Thanks Bill! We're keeping up here on the public thread here, as well as a cooperative discussion in the premium ACP forum here (which helped me zero in on the issue a lot!). Besides trying to clarify and help on other forums like the ASCOM Talk thread, the Diffraction/MaxIm thread, the SGP thread, and the Software Bisque thread, of course I give our customers the best service I can.
    OK, thanks Bob, I should have figured you were onto that. Too many threads out there on too many forums! I will bookmark the other threads.
    Bill McLaughlin

For every complex problem there is an answer
    that is clear, simple, and wrong.

H. L. Mencken

My Website: Nightskypictures

My Observatory: Raptor Ridge

Thread Information