Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I installed a small industrial computer at the mount that has enough USB ports to not require a hub. Hence everything, including the camera, is directly connected. New cables as well. After a couple months of use, I only noticed the hanging problem twice. Last night was the second time and the logs are attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It happened again last night. Logs attached. The first log is a successful run. The second log is the next run that ended up getting hung.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am so sorry I didn't answer sooner. I must have gotten distracted. When I picked this up off my open queue, I was the "restore sutosave" and when it appeared, I remembered writing it last Friday. What I was going to say is:

OK, state 8 is "Camera Control Window is waiting for MaxIm DL to be ready to accept an image" whatever that means. This is going to need to go to Diffraction who can tell us what conditions would lead to this problem. I suspect the wording in the docs is muddy. Rather than me acting as a relay, would you mind posting to the Diffraction MaxIm Support forum and ask the question "What can cause a camera to get stuck in State 8"? and mention that you are using ACP. They will contact me if they need ACP info. I suspect this is maybe a camera timing/sequencing problem though. All I am doing is calling their Expose() method then watching the CameraStatus.
    -- Bob

Bob, I have posted on MaxIm's forums here http://forum.diffractionlimited.com/...maxim-dl.4572/ Doug George replied saying he doesn't know what "state 8" means. I'm hoping the two of you can discuss this.

As you can see they figured it out. I meant CameraStatus 8. Owen got it.
    -- Bob

Just by way of update, the thread is alive again on the Diffraction side, and we're going to work through this with Jeff to resolution as best possible.

I've been watching Colin. I decided to re-examine it from this end also since I have a bit of time awaiting results/evidence on issues I don't understand before releasing Scheduler 8.2.2. By inspection, I found something that falls into the category of "how did this ever work?" ... yet it is working everywhere. Since this is going on your forum I'll chime in there with a 1-line change for Jeff to try. No guarantees, since his "stuck" is happening in a different place in the code (above it in the "initial wait" loop).

ACP-1703 - Image Wait Loop does not refresh CameraStatus

It's on the list for fixing in the next release for sure!! This one is Stage 6.

-- Bob

And Colin: this sounds just like the problem I posted on the SBIG forum a few weeks ago. And I'm still getting occasional failures of MaxIm to get the SBIG image and completely hanging my system, including just two nights ago. I had already replaced cables etc etc to no avail. Sounds like the same problem.
    measuring space rock rotation rates, live from Albuquerque NM

Also Eric, please look at My post on the MaxIm forum and add the line of code I put there.

Everyone else, please don't get excited about this. It has been this way for ages, and it will be corrected in 8.2.2.
    Last edited by Bob Denny; Jul 19, 2019 at 19:30.
    -- Bob

Thread Information