Default Astro Imaging Target Selector/Framing Wizard/Plan Generator

Hi Guys

I've been working on a new ASP page to make target selection for Astro Imaging a bit prettier in ACP, and thought I would share it.

The idea is quite simple.
    - Open a 'Target Selection' option on ACP's menu
    - Enter the name of the target you want to image
    - This brings up a copy of Aladin Lite, centred on the target - and sized to your scope FOV (as long as ACP is connected to the scope)
    - You can drag the image around to get the framing the way you want it
    - Fill in the number of images you want to take through each filter, and exposure length at the bottom of the form (with some preset buttons to auto-fill values that I happen to use a lot) and then press submit
    - This creates a target and plans in Scheduler, splitting the exposures into 1 hour chunks.

TargetSelector.png

It's a bit basic at the moment, and there's a few 'hard coded' things in the ASP file (for example, if ACP isn't connected, then it defaults the FOV based on my scopes, because I've not yet worked out how to get the FOV info otherwise). It also defaults things like binning and moon avoid, and it doesn't yet support rotators, but I'm going to keep working on it.

To install it:
    - Copy the ASP file to the webroot folder (I made my own subdirectory in there)
    - Create a tiddler to point to the ASP file, and add it somewhere on the menu bar

A lot of the credit for this goes to Bob - I've shamelessly copied a lot of his code to parse RTML and upload into Scheduler .

Hope you find this useful. Any feedback or suggestions, let me know!

Stewart.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Stewart,

This is a really interesting and significant add-on you've developed, and I'm excited to potentially be able to use this!

I built a tiddler based on your example, and stored the .asp file in the /sc/ directory. Rather than create a "Stewart" directory, I changed the tiddler link of the .asp file to

src="/sc/targetselector.asp"

which is the typical folder a scheduler .asp file would reside. However, when I entered "m101" and clicked on the "reposition map on name" button, nothing happened.

Do I need to make a code change in the .asp file specific to my computer or observatory - I haven't looked at the code?

I've attached an image of the tiddler.

(I have to say that the original "Pictorial Camera Field" tiddler and the aaladinlite.asp file don't generate a default image for me, either....)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

Hi Dick

The frame is loading OK, so it looks like you've got Javascript enabled in your browser. However, I've setup Aladin Lite to show the same Horsehead Nebula image that the original tiddler uses by default, and you're not seeing that which makes it look like Aladin simply isn't initialising.

Aladin Lite needs HTML5 browser support - I wonder if maybe you're running an old browser version. What browser do you have? Can you try downloading something like Google Chrome and see if that works for you?

Stewart.

Well, there's definitely something wrong with the browser. I'm using Google Chrome latest Version 63.0.3239.108. Your tiddler works in the latest Firefox. I'm sure I can figure this out. Earlier versions of Chrome worked some months ago.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

Strange. Hopefully a bit of Googling will throw up an answer.

Let me know what you think and if you have any bright ideas on enhancements, or if you hit any problems. I'm only really learning the ropes with Javascript, and enjoying playing at the moment!

Stewart.

So that was easy, after I thought about it.

I installed Privacy Badger, which blocked the ustrasbg.fr site. Unblocked that, and it works. I don't have Privacy Badger installed on Firefox, so that browser didn't have a problem.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

Thread Information