Threaded View

Default Lesve Dome Closing - Dome did not close and error message

Hi Bob,

It's been a while, but my remote observatory is finally up and running.
    So far I've been using it only while I was watching the web interface.
    But now I would like to use Scheduler, so today I tested this, and at first everything seemed to work.

Since weather conditions here are not very stable at the moment, I was wondering what would happen in case of a weather alert.
    And yes, during my first run, clouds came in and the Weather Safety script ran.
    The run was aborted, the scope parked, but the dome did not close, instead it slaved to the parked telescope.
    I still use the CloseSpecialRoof.js from the time I had a roll off roof, but that wont make any difference, or will it? It's OK for the scope to park first.

When I clicked "close" in Dome Control, the dome slewed to its home position and the shutter closed.
    My dome needs to be homed before it can close to avoid cable tangles, I'm using a sliding contact at home position to power the shutter motor.

Why didn't the Weather safety script close the dome like it closed my ROR in the past, it still uses the same interface card (Lesvedome)
    There was an error while running the script, please find the log attached.

Note that polar alignment isn't very good yet, but hey, it works...
    Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information