Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Script Request

Hybrid View

Question Script Request

I am currently evaluating ACP for use in a project I am planning to begin which will require me to take images at particular altitudes and azimuths using an observing plan. I believe this can be achieved using the #TAG directive with arguments and User Actions via a custom wsc script. I notice that recently a wsc script was published on the forum to make observations of geosynchronous satellites. The posted version appears to get the altitudes and azimuths from a Python script but it looks like an older version took the altitude and azimuth directly as arguments in the #TAG directive. Would it be possible to post an old version of this script (preferably in VBScript, however, JScript is also OK) so that I could modify it and test it for use in my project?

Many thanks,
    Simon.

I would rather just help you out directly with a plug-in for ACP that meets your needs (that's how I did the satellite thing for U of A). However, I see that your support expired seven years ago, and I am guessing that you are using a very old version of ACP. I am not in a position to help /support software that old. I hope you understand. If you have questions do feel free to call +1 480 396 9700 business hours (we're on the same time UTC-7 at present). Leave voice mail if I don't answer and I will call ASAP (I get immediate push-notification of voice mails).
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,
    Thanks for your reply. My post was meant as a pre-sales question since it would involve the purchase a new expert license for this project and I would not be using my outdated basic version which, understandably, is no longer supported . My idea was to use a demo of ACP along with a modified version of one of your old geostationary satellite scripts for testing. I will call you next week to discuss my project in more detail.

Thanks again,
    Simon.

OK, this sounds great!! Note that you normally can't get a 60 day demo on a system that has ACP installed, even an ancient version. Call and we can work something out.
    -- Bob

Nice talking with you by phone today :-)

Here it is. In this case I just convert from Alt/Az to RA/Dec and let ACP do the slew. I had forgotten that it was "good enough" for what Adam needed. Obviously, this will have a small error. If you need something like the one for satellites, where the tracking is turned off and the slew destination is precise, I can do that too. Let me know if this one is good enough.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,
    Nice to speak with you too! Thanks very much for the script. We will be slewing with tracking off and need the destination to be as precise as possible so it would be great if you could post one like that used in the earlier versions of your satellite script. That would be perfect.

Thanks again,
    Simon.

OK, will do and I'll post back here. Note that your mount (whatever it is) must support programmatic alt-az slewing through its ASCOM driver. It is optional in the ASCOM interface spec.
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,
    Thank you. We will most likely use the iOptron iEQ45 Pro mount. I have a confirmation from the manufacturer that it does support these optional commands.

Best wishes,
    Simon.

OK, one more thing... the logic for the Geosync satellite works by letting ACP slew the scope to a nearby location by RA/Dec, plate solving, adjusting the pointing for precision, then just before acquiring the image, turning off tracking and slewing to the alt-az location. This means that for each field, you will have two slews, one to RA/Dec approx then one more small one to alt/az. If this is OK I will press ahead.
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,
    Yes, this will be fine. The more precise the positioning the better for us so this sounds like a very elegant solution!

Thank you!
    Simon.

Thread Information