Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oops, I just knew that script would have an error ha ha (I didn't test it here :-( ). Good work getting the Connected = True into it. So just to be certain, the script that calls Focuser.Move() through FocusMax is not moving the focuser. OK, I want to try to exclude the "connection" between ACP and FocusMax, and/or the script host in ACP. But first I need to know if any of these components could be running "as Administrator". They should not. If no "as Admin", then run the Windows 'cscript' script I posted (shown below with the Connected.True and FocusMax as the "focuser") but with FocusMax as the Focuser. My guess is that it will not move the focuser.

Code:
    Option Explicit 
    Dim F
    Set F = CreateObject("FocusMax.Focuser")
    F.Connected = True
    WScript.Echo "Start position: " & F.Position & " - Focuser is absolute: " & F.Absolute    
    WScript.Echo "Adding 40 Steps"
    F.Move(F.Position + 40)    
    WScript.Echo "End Position: " & F.Position
    -- Bob

Hi Bob.

Just tried the script. Correct, the focuser does not move when connecting to FocusMax from the Windows. Strange thing is that I had to take the F.Connected = True line out to make make the script work ????

Well I think this narrows it down to a FocusMax issue. I've contacted Steve so I'll run through some tests with him.

Thanks very much for your help Bob. All this sleuthing was really interesting. I'm just thinking it might be good to create a focuser move script to the utilities scripts just as a simple test to verify focuser control. I'll make a simple one and post it here after I figure out what's going on with Focus Max.

Sam

Oh yeah, FocusMax is already "connected" to the focuser. Sorry again. I'm happy you're on the right trail now.
    -- Bob

Just an update to anyone following this thread.

I've been working with Steve Brady at FocusMax to validate this problem and after several tests he was able to validate and identify the problem.

This is a problem that was introduced in FocusMax V4.1.0.62 and may affect anyone trying to use Filter Offsets in ACP. Basically, the focuser will not move to the expected offset value.

It specifically happens if:

Temp Comp method = none in Temperature Compensation Window of FMx AND when FMx is running under automation.

To test if this problem affects your set up, you can use the script previously mentioned in this thread and run it from APC to see if your focuser moves.

Steve has solved this problem and will release a fix shortly, but for now if this issue affects you may want to switch to per filter focusing.

Sam

My FocusMax is version 4.1.0.55 and it does do all the connections and focus offsets. So I can confirm an early limit on versions having this problem.

Steve Brady is on the ball; when he declares this fixed I'm sure it will be fixed.
    measuring space rock rotation rates, live from Albuquerque NM

Yes, Steve has been great and has already fixed the problem in a beta I tested. I believe he will be releasing it very soon.

Thank you for reminding me about versions affected. Steve indicated to me that the bug was introduced in V4.1.0.62, and I am running V4.1.0.60 currently which works fine.

Sam

I see Steve released 4.1.0.64 including this fix. Go get it! ;-)

Thank you Sam! I have moved this thread to the FocusMax section and re-titled it.
    -- Bob

Thread Information