Thread: ACP Config

Default ACP Config

Hi,

I am ready to run the simulator and test my system.
    Two things:

1. I do not have a an ACP config directory- just ACP Astronomy. Where do I put the FilterInfo.txt?
    2. Does ACP (FocusMax) require a V curve in order to use the simulator?

Thanks

1. I do not have a an ACP config directory- just ACP Astronomy. Where do I put the FilterInfo.txt?
    Strange. The installer is supposed to create ACP Config below your system's Public Documents folder, and it places some samples of config files there. On Windows 10 they made it difficult to find Public Documents for some reason (!?!?). Look for C:\Users\Public\Documents and create your own shortcut in Favorites or whatever.

2. Does ACP (FocusMax) require a V curve in order to use the simulator?
    or just turn AutoFocus off in ACP temporarily for simulation. You can get FocusMax to use its "Simulator" system file / configuration... I think it has to be named Simulator by the way, and it will do V-Curves and simulate autofocus when called by ACP. But for your needs it's unnecessary. Once you get the simulation running, save the ACP Configuration and call it something like Simulation ha ha. Then once you get things going under the sky, save that Configuration. Now you can switch back and forth between live and simulated modes almost instantly.
    -- Bob

Hi,

Just for completeness in case someone runs across this. Yes, there is some ambiguity in Windows 10. I found the ACP Config directory. It does not go in documents of the current USER. Instead and it goes to the place indicated in the picture below:

config_location1.PNG

However, path is an alias and the literal path (typing from the command prompt for example) is C:\USERS\Public\Documents\ACP Config
    The ACP Astronomy directory still goes under the USER's documents.

I hope this helps someone else.

Thread Information