Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Pinpoint registartion problem

Hi,
    'My computer died and I got a new one.
    I'm reinstalling Pinpoint 6.0e afterwards registering with your supplied program.
    it said: thank you for registering Pinpoint.
    When I run maxIm 6 I get and error saying: pinpoint data is invalid. please reenter license info (register Pinpoint on start Menu)
    I hit Ok. a few times. If I uninstall pinpoint and reinstall MaxIm I keep on getting the same error.
    What can I do??

Thanks

Antonio Borgonovo

Are you running MaxIm "as administrator"?
    -- Bob

No. My new machine it's a Surface Pro 4 with windows 10 1703.
    One thing I noticed is that: in MaxIm 5.24 I get the warning when I open an image. In MaxIm 6.09 I get the warning as soon I open the program. in both I hit Ok. 3 times and continues as usual.
    When I have i try to solve an image in either MaxIm, I get the warning right away I hit Ok. continues and it finishes as it should.
    I just keep on asking whether for the license. I have to re register a few times and it still does the same.
    Another thing, I does happens in your Visual Pinpoint as well. when I open the program I get the warning, When I do a plate solve, I get the warning again, I hit Ok. and I get the solution as it should .

I hope this can help.

Antonio

I ran into something like this myself a few weeks ago. Try running the MaxIm installer ONE time with Run as Administrator, and enter the licence. Then launch MAxIm ONE TIME with Run as Administrator. Then launch normally.
    Also, if you have both versions, I think 5.24's installer leaves a bit of a mess behind in the registry. Piriform CCleaner works well or Regedt32 if done carefully by hand.

Thanks Colin,
    Done that and still the same. The problem seems to be with Pinpoint.

Antonio

Uninstalling/reinstalling ... if you install PinPoint and then MaxIm after uninstalling both, you will again need install PinPoint and again enter the PinPoint license info (because MaxIm overwrites with the light/LE info and engine). Once you get both programs installed, with PinPoint second, and you are certain that neither program's installation had any errors (none), then enter your PinPoint license again with Register PinPoint. Now open Visual PinPoint. Does it start without asking you for a license? If so, then start MaxIm. Does it show you the expired/invalid license message? If so then I will need to help you live because I don't know what's happening. Let me know what days and times you might be available. I will be in the office most of this week all week.
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,

I uninstalled MaxIm 5, MaxIm 6 and Pinpoint with Revo uninstaller.
    Then I just installed MaxIm 5.24, run it and when I try to open an image, the pinpoint window appeared asking me again to register pinpoint and pinpoint ii is not even installed.
    My time zone now is: mountain Time. I live in El Salvador Central America. we can contact by whatsapp if you want my cell number is +503 7855 2381 or whatever other way you want.
    Usually I'm at the office from 7:30 to 11:30 am and 1:30 to 4:30 pm ( I have the computer here at the office) but I can take it home anytime, no problem.
    Pls. let me know what I have to do.
    Thanks.

Oh... you didn't tell me that you have TWO MaxIm versions, including one that is probably much older than the version of PinPoint you have installed. I will call this afternoon, we are on the same time.

PS: For others monitoring this thread, he has a long expired license/support. I am handling this anyway as it is an issue where his existing license and software are not usable foe licensing reasons.
    -- Bob

Thanks Bob,
    waiting for your call

Solved by removing some old licensing info left behind from transition from old to new security model. Then installed PP6.0e and entered his 2014 license. All is well now.
    -- Bob

Thread Information