Hybrid View

Default ASCOM Direct - "could not initialize guider output".

When selecting ASCOM Direct in MaxIM DL (recommended in ACP Help for software guiding via PulseGuide) the following message appears:

"Could not initialize guider output. Please check guider settings".

I've tried various combinations of connections and settings (I'm using the Bisque supplied 'ASCOM Telescope Driver for TheSky' to run a Paramount) with and without the telescope connected in MaxIM (I note that this is not recommended in ACP help, but is considered 'normal' in MaxIM's help).

Has anyone come across this message before? It is possible to continue beyond the error message, but it reappears when trying to do anything - eg, take a guide image, calibrate the guider etc, in MaxIM.

I'm using MaxIM DL version 6.11, the latest ASCOM platform build and the latest Bisque supplied ASCOM driver for TheSky (which has everything checked - although I have tested variations of PulseGuide and DirectGuide enabled and disabled). The guider is a Lodestar using the SX Universal driver.

I'll likely post this on the MaxIM DL support forum at Cyanogen if no one here has seen this before.

Many thanks,

Paul
    Last edited by Paul Luckas; May 15, 2017 at 03:05. Reason: Added hardware info.

Problem fixed. An extra setting in MaxIM's Guider Settings dialogue (ie, the actual telescope !!!) needed to be specified.

I'm getting too old for this.

Paul

Well that little button isn't too obvious. We are all wearing glasses now ha ha.
    -- Bob

I second Paul's and Bob's observations...Paul didn't specify exactly which setting but there weren't many left I hadn't tried. Success here too...thanks, several years after the initial post, for a solution that solve (at least one of) my problem(s)!!

Wow, don't wait for years next time :-) :-) I'm glad it's sorted.
    -- Bob

Thread Information