Hybrid View

Default Scheduler not respecting sun down fires tasks with sun up

So we are running ACP 7.1 and Sheduler 3.6
    We had a computer crash 6 month's ago at our remote site, beginning of Jan. I rebuild a W10 system (partly from the crashed disk), all seems to work but 2 items not. One however is really annoying ... sheduler starts imaging even with the sun still up ...

As soon as object reaches the required altitude, the sheduler goes.
    I checked that site settings in ACP are correct and in sheduler I've set sun -12 degrees with 60 minutes before for dusk flats ... even -14 it just fires off with sun above horizon.

In ACP the correct UTC time is displayed, in the sheduler time is greyed out and points to december 2014 I guess that was when we commissioned the system and is not really the issue.
    Maybe I skipped some trivial config file that was corrupted and is not fully functional.

I did a clean install of W10 and moved from the old disk the previous installation with PC Lan mover, reinstalled ACP and scheduler, found my settings, but some parts where not all migrated ...
    As mentioned, if I manually start sheduler at the wright time all goes well. (other issue is that blind solve during image run does not work but the findlostscope does, the issue being that during image run it can't find the image to solve to feed astrometry, while manually launching script does, but lets not focus on that ...)

EDIT: also strange, when I enable the scheduler it wil always startup obs even though it is far off needed so something is wrong, as if scheduler has no clue of sun position ...

Kind Regards,
    Yves & Jeffrey

There are likely several problems. The scheduler definitely knows about Sun position ha ha. But... I am guessing that it is running in Simulation mode or Day/Night mode. Probably Simulation. Probably because there is something wrong in the installation. If Scheduler can't communicate with ACP it will switch to Simulation mode. You will see an error message pop up and also if you view the Scheduler Log (Scheduler Menu, View log...) you should see errors. Post that log here and I will analyze. Look at the mode, it should be Normal(ACP Sequencer). I am guessing though because some of those features may be newer than your version.

Kind Regards,
    Yves & Jeffrey
    A separate issue: I can only find you in the database as a PinPoint customer. Plus that license is expired for support (I am guessing that's why you posted here in the Forum Help section instead of the Scheduler section... which you can't see :-)). Is "Jeffrey" Jeffrey Jongmans? If so then his Scheduler license is very old and no longer current for support either.

I will take care of this ticket once, but going forward you will need to have a current support subscription, and that comes with a year of upgrades as well. This eliminates my need to (re-)solve old problems that have been fixed in newer versions.
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,
    yes, we run a shared obs, he is for the moment quite busy with other stuff, so I'm jumping in he isn't been active the last 12 month's or so. The license is his, scope and ccd are mine ...
    The setup has been running fine with these versions for about 2 years until the fatal crash ...
    It was running in day/night mode duh I missed the radio buttons Teamviewer resolution and my eyes, I try to resist wearing glasses but age is catching up.

I mailed you about a support ticket and the cost.

(Still have the issue that Images do not get solved when a fail over is done from PP to astrometry in a sequence it cannot open the image ... maybe that is also related to day night mode but I doubt)

Thanks for the help.
    Yves & Jeffrey

Just checking.. are there still issues there or is the system running OK now?
    -- Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denny View Post
    Just checking.. are there still issues there or is the system running OK now?
    Yes, all is working, even the all sky plate solve that was broken, started to work again after update ACP 7.1 to 7.2 ...

We are currently changing the mechanics and the steering of the roof, we will have another weather safe setup, cloud watcher solo, hopefully the roof computer will not deviate to much from the cloudwatcher info, ideally we have a roof open signal, that would make more sense for the slaves ... unfortunately the roof computer is not running ACP but CCDC

Thanks for the checkup,

Yves

OK. If you have something apart from ACP operating the shared building roof, ACP can use the roof open/closed state as weather safe/unsafe. Let me know once you have your new system going. If there is a way to read the roof state, I can make a weather server for ACP. I seem to be making these more and more!
    -- Bob

Thread Information