Threaded View

Default guider calibration fails (Maxim DL-The Sky)

Intro:
    To be clear I have acquired ACP but have not started using it yet. Have recently started using Maxim DL instead of The Sky for imaging to make the transition to ACP. In short, the trouble is this: When i try to calibrate the Maxim DL guider it moves the telescope and takes images but the stars come out as streaks and it fails.

Here's my setup:
    Paramount MEII with SBIG STX-16803 and the FW7 with guider. If I use the The Sky for scope control and imaging guiding works well. I have added Maxim DL to the mix. Unguided exposures with either software are pretty good up though hundreds of seconds using either software. In Maxim DL I have configure the telescope control to use the "ASCOM Telescope Driver for TheSky" driver. In the setup window for that driver I have tried various things such as Enable Pulseguide and Use DirectGuide. I will post my most current settings below. In the Camera Control window I have configured the guider to Control Via "Telescope" and have not tried other options. I haven't read about or found any other settings that might be relevant.

The issue:
    I can take an exposure with the guide chip and it seems fine. When I choose to calibrate it seems to take an exposure, move the scope and take subsequent exposures. Usually these subsequent exposures show streaks rather than stars. So it seems to me that the scope is still moving when the image is taken. Typically the calibration fails because it cannot find the star in all the images. Sometimes it does not fail though I don't think it correct because the indicators are not at right angles to each other. It does kind of guide in that case but poorly. If I try to recalibrate I typically get streaks.

Screenshots:

Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information