Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default MaxIm Doesn't Support my AO-X, Other Software or ????

Hello Bob and all.
    After long time of setting ACP i didn't mind that i could make some serious imaging. But now that i am almost perfect with ACP settings and the summer is coming i would like to start.
    The main problem is Maxim !!! Since last October (when i payed for new Maxim's licence) i get difficult to guide with Maxim and my AO-X unit.So it tied my hand and i could not do anything at all.
    I can't believe that it take them soooooo long to fix that. Recently i thought that the problem was in my equipment, but last night i returned to guide with The Sky X add on and i managed to do it properly (and to be honest very very easy) since the first second.
    My request is how possible is to add anaother guiding software like TSX or something else in ACP and avoid the complexity of maxim ???.

Thanks
    Nikos
    Nunki Observatory
    Skiathos GR
    www.nunki.gr

Nikos -- Unfortunately TheSky does not have the functions needed to support all of ACP's features, and there are other considerations I'd rather not discuss here. I honestly am also disappointed in Diffraction on this. I am unsure if it affects 100% of AO-X owners. I know that the AO-7, AO-8, and AO-L units run fine. It is mysterious to me.

Since we only want happy customers, even though this is not our problem to fix, we can refund your money. Once they get on top of this, we hope you'll come back.
    -- Bob

Hello Bob
    NO !!! by any means i dont want to stop using ACP.Of cousre it is not your problem...
    With my older set up (ao-8) i didn't have any problem.The problem is with AO-X . And my problem is why they can not fix it after so long .
    Ok , so i will have to wait to see what will happen..
    Thanks for your help once again.
    Nunki Observatory
    Skiathos GR
    www.nunki.gr

Oh that's a relief!! I will be meeting with them next week.
    -- Bob

Ok this is good news . I hope that you can show them the way
    Nunki Observatory
    Skiathos GR
    www.nunki.gr

Hello Bob
    as you see in maxim Forum. I tried a lot the last week but i couldn't manage to autoguide only with it , even to make correct calibration sometimes.
    You mentioned to write back here.
    Any ideas ?
    Nunki Observatory
    Skiathos GR
    www.nunki.gr

I wanted to know if your problem was with MaxIm alone, or if the autoguide problem was when running with ACP. Does the AO guide without ACP, in MaxIm alone?
    -- Bob

Hi Bob
    No ,it does not autoguide with Maxim alone.
    As i mentioned there , i try with many different settings and i get different results.
    When i use filter wheel as "Sbig Universal" works better but as i use "SBIG AO with f/w" as the most insist , i get autofocus failure in ACP.
    But the main problem is that it usually can not calibrate and if i managed to calibrate i get "star faded" in track box (i get no star image at all - only an opaque black screen),so it affects ACP and getting "autoguide failed".
    My guider settings in Maxim are st like that ...(see attached)
    Any help would be apreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Nunki Observatory
    Skiathos GR
    www.nunki.gr

When i use filter wheel as "Sbig Universal" works better but as i use "SBIG AO with f/w" as the most insist , i get autofocus failure in ACP.
    It appears that we need to solve this problem. If they insist on "SBIG AO with f/w" then use it. If you use that mode, does the AO work properly? If so, then please let me know what is the "autofocus failure". Perhaps we can solve that so you can indeed use "SBIG AO with f/w"???
    Last edited by Bob Denny; Apr 12, 2017 at 23:57.
    -- Bob

Hi Bob
    No as i said before neither with "SBIG AO with f/w" nor with "Sbig Universal" works. When i managed to calibrate (this happens rarely) the AO "track" window not showing any star.
    Can i call you sometime please so i can tell you exactly the situation ?

Nunki Observatory
    Skiathos GR
    www.nunki.gr

Thread Information