Threaded View

Default Guiding Fails only when ACP is running (solved - MaxIm update)

I'm going to post now, because I've been on this over and over for hours, and nothing is getting better.

I can guide with MaxIm on any star--bright or faint, east or west--and the guide star stays centered as long as I let it go. But every time I start an ACP plan, on the first target the guider starts looking very stable, and then on the 5th, 6th, or 7th cycle--no exceptions in the hours I've repeated this--it's "Star Faded" and the guide star is gone from the box. Every plan, every target, every single time.

All settings match exactly what I posted here Sept 18 2016. AcquireImages.js version 8.03.

Pretty desperate now. Any assistance appreciated.

Edit: I rebooted remote computer (always a risky and unwelcome measure), brought everything up from scratch, got new calibration east of meridian-->Maxim gives stable guiding, ACP failed after just 5 cycles. I give up.
    Last edited by Eric Dose; Mar 5, 2017 at 07:21.
    measuring space rock rotation rates, live from Albuquerque NM

Thread Information