Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Todd et. al. -- Peter Simpson, lead ASCOM Platform developer, has identified a clear Microsoft botch where they have left a stray SID in the update, and caused security ordering errors that the registry editor and windows explorer security utilities pick up and fix. It's not the ASCOM platform it's the WIndows 10 updates. You might have noticed the funny message at the end of ACP's install that tells you to hang on to your ACP installer and use it to fix the corruptions left by (some?) Windows 10 updates.

There will probably be a new ASCOM Platform soon, and it will contain a workaround to the Microsoft screwups. MS definitely knows about the issue, so hopefully it will die down over the next year.

PS< This thread crept a long way... I don't know where to move it or not to move it. Look at the title ha ha. I might split it. What do you think?
    -- Bob

Todd,

I reloaded the drivers and that didn't help. I opened the Digilogger WPS.txt and at the bottom this is what I have for port 2:

//document.getElementById("utilWPS2PwrOFF").onclick= _sendRequestC;
    document.getElementById("utilWPS2Pwrreboot").oncli ck=_sendRequestC;

The other ports have three lines of code so I added one and removed the uncomment and it works now. This is the way the text file came with the installer.

Thanks.

Mike

Hi Bob,

Sorry I didn't see your post. I'm thinking this should be moved to the add on area.

Todd

You're right!! Thanks, I will do it right now!!
    -- Bob

Thread Information