Hybrid View

Default Register PinPoint Applet Not Accepting License-OK button grayed out

I received my license via email and when I bring up the Register PinPoint applet and enter the license data, the OK button is grayed out. Only the CANCEL button is available.

Thanks,
    Kerry

This is strange. I can't get it to work either no matter what. First such problem in memory (many years). I'm not seeing something :-) Working on it though.
    -- Bob

OK it turned out that some invisible characters got into your name or email and fooled oiur license generation. I hand edited your record, re-generated the license, and sent it again. Throw away any license received before today.
    -- Bob

Hi Bob - I have the same problem - the applet accepts old license - tells me OK - software won't run and crashes - applet won't accept new license. Running Win 7 pro.

Footnote the software has been running on observatory computer now for several years no problem. It was running on this computer (office computer) before being deleted a number of years ago. Observatory does not have internet access.

Cheers
    Geof Wingham

Hi Bob - I forgot I had this problem when I upgraded V5 - applied the same solution. Uninstalled V5 - then manually cleaned out the Registry. Reloaded V5 and applied V6 update info and serial - then installed V6 over the top of old V5. Working OK now.

Cheers
    Geof Wingham
    Last edited by Geoffrey Wingham; Feb 15, 2017 at 18:54. Reason: spelling mistake

Geoffrey -

I'm glad you got it going and I apologize for the problems and for not being fast enough to help.

I do need, however, to recommend to others who read this that they don't uninstall/reinstall and clean registry info. Instead contact us and let us help. In the earlier issue in this thread, we found invisible characters in the name. Our system is semi-automated so whatever is typed into the order form gets into the license. In your case I can't explain the problem(s) and won't know since the evidence is gone now.
    -- Bob

Thread Information