Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Guiding graph not correct - European system [solved]

I have a question about the guiding graph. After a computer crash, I bought a new computer and after the new install the behavior of the guiding graph changed.
    In Maxim the guiding graph still looks the same as it did before, and guiding is as good as it was.

This was the graph on the old computer:

tracking1.JPG

And with the new computer it looks like this:

tracking2.JPG

I tried to find a setting that controls this, but so far I didn't find it. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Albert

Does it look like that on all browsers that log in? And you are 100% certain that the guiding is OK and looks correct in MaxIm? If so then I'll need to log in and capture some traffic from your observatory with my TCP/IP sniffer.

Are you a student/user or are you the technical contact for this observatory? I see you only as a PinPoint Astrometric Engine customer. Are you evaluating ACP then?
    -- Bob

Thanks for your reply Bob. I'm quite sure guiding quality is not worse than it was when the first graph was captured. I was wondering if it could have anything to do with a wrong image scale setting somewhere? Below I pasted a full pixel scale crop of the image I acquired while the second graph was captured.

stars.JPG

As soon as the sky is clear again I will check with other browsers, I was using FireFox at the time. Biggest problem with that is the weather over here this time of year.

No, I'm not a student, I am evaluating ACP in my private observatory, up to now I used CCDAP5, that's the reason I purchased a PinPoint license some years ago.
    My daytime job is electronic engineer at the Netherlands Astronomical Radio Observatory ASTRON...

After I had a problem with my PinPoint6.0 license after installing the ACP evaluation version, I upgraded to PinPoint6.1 some weeks ago, that's why I am a customer.
    At the moment I am evaluating ACP in my observatory in the back garden, as soon as it works, I will move the telescope to a new (and much darker) location, so I will purchase an ACP Expert license soon! The biggest problem I have at the moment is with FocusMax4, so ACP works fine, but focusing in FM4 fails due to "field search is too large".

Albert -- Thanks for letting me know all of this. The image scale would not have anything to do with the guiding graph scaling or rendering. As for FocusMax, you could try letting ACP pick and center the focus star (disable AcquireStar in ACP's Focus settings) as a test. I am not familiar with the exact FocusMax details, but "field search is too large" may relate to using a dense reference catalog like the A2.0 with a wide field (> one degree). If FocusMax lets you limit the catalog max mum magnitude, you could try that. Or switch to the GSC 1.0 for pointing etc in ACP.
    -- Bob

Thanks Bob,

I just installed GSC and I will try this as soon as I get a clear sky.

Hello Bob, I was able to test last night. Switching AcquireStar off worked well, but the new Beta of FM4 also worked now with AcquireStar! Steve Brady told me the problem was the "," seperator we use here in Europe in stead of the "." you use in the US.

The guiding graph was still looking weird while guiding was fine. I used my laptop with MS Internet Explorer this time during a remote session. Could this problem be related?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Albert van Duin; Dec 30, 2016 at 16:27.

The guidig graph was still looking weird while guiding was fine. I used my laptop with MS Internet Explorer this time during a remote session. Could this problem be related?
    Yes it could! The guiding graph is an XQuery plugin, and it requires a comma-delimited string. But the conversion of the guiding errors into strings for JQuery could have commas for the decimal points. Does this look familiar ha ha?? I reproduced it here.

You found it. I have attached an updated AcquireSupport.wsc. Replace the one in Program Files(x86)\ACP Obs Control with the attached (after removing from the zipfile). Be sure to replace the existing AcquireSupport.wsc. Windows 10 does not let you validate the date and size of replacements like Windows 7 does.

ACP-1521 - Web Guiding Graph with Comma Decimal Point

You can see by following the above link that it has already been fixed and added to the master, so will be in the next release.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -- Bob

That's great Bob! Thanks, I'll try it soon, but we're in dense fog again tonight. Still using Windows 7 Pro...
    Thanks!

My firrst image acquired with ACP: http://www.astrobin.com/full/277919/0/

Beautiful!!! And don't give up Windows 7 for at least another year.
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,
    Due to the weather I have not been able to test the autoguiding graph yet.

So I thought I would fill the scheduler with some work.
    But now I get an error message when trying to upload an Astro Imaging request via the web interface although it has worked fine before.

XML_error.JPG

What could be the cause of this? It worked before I replaced AcquireSupport.wsc
    I tried from several computers/tablets with the same result.

Thanks.

Thread Information