Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bill, Bob,

I recently installed a local copy of ANSVR on my observatory computer. It's easy to do, and it's always on. It's a great tool.

It took about 4 hours (don't remember exactly) to download all the data files from the source library over a wireless connection to the observatory - 16,677 files in 1507 folders, for my small FOV camera at 15' x 10'. It's also a timesaver if/when your telescope gets lost. It may take 4-6-8 minutes to solve for the image coordinates, but that beats the time it takes to go out to the observatory, move the telescope to a bright star, "center" it and sync it, and then go do another pointing image anyway to sync the precise telescope pointing.

If you've got 30GB of spare storage, I'd recommend loading this up on a cloudy day.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    w. focal reducer to f/5.3 ~ FL 1630mm
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XME
    FOV ~ 15' x 10'
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    MaxIm and, of course, ACP!
    AAVSO Code: BRIC

Thank you Dick. Good advice. Andy Galasso deserves all of the thanks he can get.
    -- Bob

Thanks Dick, Bob for the Intel. Bob, I'll take another look at my mount/maxim configuration-- I think I may have set it up wrong. We are expecting snow up here in Flagstaff...for the next 4 days so no observing/testing. Also, I will study dick's post and related text on the subject of ANSVR. Thanks again!

OK, I'll be here tomorrow then not again till next week.
    -- Bob

Bob, I'm having some hardware issues with my Dell, can I move my trial ACP to my laptop computer--it is much newer and reliable. Having problems with video card.

OK, well I'm offline in about 2 hours, and I am awaiting a call from Italy right now.
    -- Bob

Man! That would be great--I'm dead in the water right now😥 hey, the other thing I wanted to ask you about was the ACP Internet option--I'm currently using a Verizon jet pack Hotspot, no plug in the wall DSL! Will ACP work with a Hotspot?/Internet option? Sorry for all the questions, just need to understand the system better!!!! Thanks

HI -- I just got off with Italy and I have to close up shop. I'm sorry. For incoming internet to ACP from the wide world, I am unsure about the Jet Pack. I don't think it will work due to TCP port mapping issues. A home-level internet with your own DSL/Cable router is required at least as far as I know.
    -- Bob

OK, well have a nice Christmas!!

Thread Information