Hybrid View

Default pinpoint setup help

i'm demoing pinpoint to be used in APCC and have downloaded and unipped the usnoa2.o database on a file on my harddrive. I point APCC to is drive for the catalog and when I try to plate solve, I receive a error message "can't create active x component". its a windows 8.1 machine thanks for any help

Have you installed the PinPoint Astrometric Engine? If so, then you'll have to ask Astro-Physics since they have embedded the PinPoint engine into APCC and that program (APCC) provides all of the controls. I am not sure what you mean "point APCC to is drive for the catalog", but if the catalog is the problem you will receive a detailed error message that ultimately comes form PinPoint through APCC to you. The "can't create object" is almost certainly a case where APCC can't even create a PinPoint engine for its use.
    -- Bob

I thought I installed the engine. I'll try again. does the database need to go into a directory within pinpoint?

No the database can go anywhere. My Documents\USNO A2.0 would be fine.. PinPoint installs its components into protected system areas that you normally should not be going into :-)
    -- Bob

Thread Information