Default Test Comm Center over HughesNet

Bob,
    I am sending this from my observatory over HughesNet. I failed to attach a file after logging in and creating this topic. Now I'll see if I can send the post without attachment.

Cliff Kotnik

Default HughestNet w/Attachment

When I clicked the button to post, I was redirected to a login screen. I logged in again and the post went through. Now I'll try the same with an attachment here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bob,
    I conclude there is a defect in the comm center software that manifests itself as repeated login requests at multiple steps in the posting process. Given enough patients, it appears one can work around it. Further, the defect is related to the type of Internet connection. I use the same PC and software at the observatory over HughesNet and at home over ComCast.

best regards,
    CLiff Kotnik

I will contact you so see this with my own eyes. No one has ever reported this and several people use Hughes (or used to :-) )
    -- Bob

I got your cell (3765) and the observatory (8647) numbers frm your wife(?). Neither answered. Given the slowness of the connection I might not be able to see it anyway. I'm unclear whether this is the same from your home system. If so, then I will log in with you there and see it.
    -- Bob

I'm afraid cell service at the observatory is a no go. The 8647 is at the cabin, 100 yards down the hill from the observatory. Home and wife are 60 miles away.

You are wanting to do some sort of remote desktop? How about a series of screen grabs?

Cliff

The screen grbs wouldn't work. Maybe just post your requests when you're at the house? I didn't write this forum software so I wouldn't know where to begin anyway. One thing... if you are using Internet Exploder, make sure the "compatibility mode" is turned OFF for all dc3.com domains. We're W3C compliant here and so is the forum software.
    -- Bob

Thread Information