Default New Laptop - cannot enter pinpoint license

Hi,

I am rather desperate with my pinpoint license. I did a clean install of all software on a new laptop which never saw Maxim or Pinpoint before. When trying a plate solve in Maxim 6.12, it tells me that the trial period of pinpoint is expired after 60 days. I am a registered user of pinpoint but cannot enter the registration code. The button remains greyed out. Can anybody of the DC3 staff help quickly?

Regards,
    Juergen Beisser

Sorry, I exchanged month and date. I am out in the field. Now it seems to work.
    Last edited by Juergen Beisser; Aug 24, 2016 at 20:26. Reason: problem solved

Do you have an OLD PinPoint? If so, we have upgraded the license entry applet to use a "calendar" to enter the date since people were having problems with the month and day fields.
    -- Bob

Thank you, Bob. I have PinPoint v. 6.0b which I use with Maxim DL and which is also used by Fer Frejvall's ModelMaker software for my 10Micron GM1000 HPS mount. Works like a charm, no problems so far, with one very recent exception: yesterday night, the CCD Commander log showed a strange value of the image scale after a plate solve: minus 2.08"/pixel instead of plus 2.08"/pixel. Not sure yet which software to blame.

Regards,
    Juergen Beisser

This would be CCD Commander. Pinpoint puts out World coordinate system and the plate scales may be negative either both in X and or Y but those signs are part of the position angle. You should not be concerned. However CCD Commander should not put out a negative value for a plate scale.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    -- Bob

Thread Information