Hybrid View

Default CGEM DX Hibernate/Wake Up Command from ACP

Hello,

Is is possible to generate a hibernate and wake up command to a CGEM DX through ACP? I don't know how to program or write script and suspect I'll have to learn JAVA script to do this or purchase a better mount in the future.

Thanks.

Mike Rogers

Sorry I did a search and didn't see any related threads but as soon as I posted this the previous answer came up.

I don't see a "previous answer". And I don't know what that command is. There is no provision in the ASCOM standard for a special wake command. It would need to be part of your startup process. Are you looking to use the scheduler and thus need an automated startup sequence?
    -- Bob

Bob,

I can't find the post now. After reading the ASCOM driver PDF for Celestron telescopes when ACP sends the park command to the scope it's the same as setting the scope to hibernate. That way it can be powered off w/o losing alignment when started back up. The unpark command wakes the telescope up. I've tested the start and shutdown ACP scripts and it works great! This is done indoors because my obs is still being built and I'm trying to get to know ACP.

Thanks for making as great program.

Mike

Oh, OK. Well the Celestron drivers are handled by a very capable programmer and it doesn't surprise me that the specific mumbo-jumbo needed for the specific mount is handled within its specific driver ... as it should be!!
    -- Bob

Thread Information