Default Run-time error: Unable to write data to the transport connect

Hello Bob. Could you help me understand what might be causing this error please.All seems to work fine, but occasionally I received the following error in ACP:Run-time error '2146232800 (80131620)':Unable to write data to the transport connection. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.This then causes Scheduler to crash. Sometimes this happens quite quickly, at other times only after several hours of running successfully.Windows 10, ACP 8.0 SR1, FocusMax 4.1.0.30, MaximDL 6.11.With kind regards,Kevin

Any chance that it is trying to store data on a remote drive? It looks like a TCP or network error where the connection has dropped. Maybe you are out of space or have a router/cabling/connectivity issue.

Hi Colin. Thank you for responding. I don't use an external/remote drive. I operate the equipment remotely (La Palma - I am based in the UK) and run the system from a Lenovo laptop with two internal solid state drives.

With kind regards,
    Kevin

Who is Claire Hills? Would you like me to rename you to Kevin <whoever>? Are you Kevin Hills?

How are you receiving the error? In a run log? Can you reply with it attached to your reply? By a pop-up box? What is the title of the box? Can you take a screen shot of it (windows snipping tool is useful)?

If ACP "crashes" then Scheduler will definitely crash as it is dependent on ACP for its "heavy lifting". We need to find out what's going on in ACP. It almost sounds like ACP's web server is having serious difficulty writing to the internet connection. Could that be it? Guessing here due to insufficient info.
    -- Bob

Hi Bob, Claire is my wife. No need to change the names, often when I am travelling with work she will cover for me and the login details are in her name, we happen to be on vacation this week.

The error messages appear in pop up boxes. I have put a couple of screen shots from last night into dropbox (links below) so that you can see them. I have also included the logs that I have found. If there are more please let me know and I'll try to find them. You'll see from the log file attached that all appears to be working well before the error occurs. I have seen it happen during the day, when the system is in standby mode as well as during the night when imaging, it's quite random.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ob%20-%201.png
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ob%20-%202.png
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...6%40013112.log
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...6%40022450.log
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...RT10072016.log

Many thanks for looking at this.

Hi Bob, through trial and error I might have found the issue - the 10-Micron mount driver. I have been using Per Frejvall's Ascom driver because it automatically syncs the time, temperature and air pressure to the mount. I upgraded to Ascom Platform 6.2 and went back to version 6.6.5.1 of Per's driver and things appear to be stable. I'll test over a few clear nights and report back in case it is of use to anyone else with a 10-Micron mount on Windows 10.

With kind regards, Kevin

Interesting... The title of the pop-up is ACP. This could be due to the error from the driver not providing a "source" component.

FYI Per passed away recently following a cycling tour.

Thanks for letting us know.
    -- Bob

That's a terrible shame Bob, I did not know about Per, it is very sad.

The system seems to be working well, there have been no issues over the past few nights with the following software versions:

Windows 10
    Maxim DL 6.11
    ACP 8.0 SR1
    ACP Expert Scheduler 8.03
    Ascom Platform 6.2
    10 Micron mount, firmware 2.13.16
    BlueAstro Stick Station 1.22
    Per Frejvall's 10 micron Ascom driver 6.6.5.1
    AAG Cloudwatcher 7.20.200
    ACC focuser (from ASA) 0.0.2.0
    FocusMax 4.1.0.30
    ScopeDome LS 5.0.0.10

With kind regards,
    Kevin

Hi Kevin, I found your thread by searching on the error message - which I am also getting. There are 4 lines of text that are written to the ACP log window:

[**HARDWARE OR DRIVER ERROR**]
    [Source: System]
    [Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.]
    [This is not an ACP problem]

I had done an AutoFlat (panelflat) run about 10 minutes before, and was using Maxim to take a manual flat frame. Then I noticed that ACP had disconnected from my scope and the above lines had appeared in the window. I also use a 10Micron mount so I wondered if it's the same error you encountered.
    Do you have any more info on this issue?

Thanks
    Peter.

Thread Information