Threaded View

Default Boltwood intermittent problems (was: another argument...)

I am currently having a problem with my Clarity (Boltwood). It is occasionally hanging completely killing the Clarity application (to the point of requiring a system reboot). This has not become an ACP problem because BoltwoodFile adds a layer of protection. By not directly calling into the hung app I am likely preventing ACP from itself hanging. Instead BoltwoodFile detects that the weather information is stale. ACP is then able to cleanly shut the system down.

BTW Bob and I worked on the direct Clarity interface all last summer and eventually diagnosed it causing major ACP problems. I see recently someone got tripped up by using it. If you need more arguments why BoltwoodFile is the safer choice you are welcome to view my threads from 2015
    Last edited by Rob Hawley; Jul 7, 2016 at 01:57. Reason: saw a post of someone else having problems with the direct connect

Thread Information