Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default MaximDL ate my Pinpoint license

I downloaded and installed ACP 80SR1 as a 60 day trial and also upgraded my MaximDL to the latest version. Unfortunately I installed Maxim after I installed ACP and Maxim of course changed my PinPoint license to Pinpoint LE which disabled my FocusMax V4 AcquireStar feature. Have you got a patch to restore Pinpoint to the full version for the duration of my 60 day trial?

Thank you,
    Barbara Fehner

Barbara, Bob is out until after the holiday. Try Repairing (or reinstalling) ACP, and that may fix it for you.

Thank you for your reply Colin. I did reinstall the package before I remembered that it would void the 60 day trial. I am going to have to wait until he returns to reset the trial for the full package. With the new license terms I don't dare upgrade the program without testing every aspect of it with my equipment and other software.

Barbara

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Haig View Post
    Barbara, Bob is out until after the holiday. Try Repairing (or reinstalling) ACP, and that may fix it for you.

Hi Barbara, You can also first try re-running the PinPoint registration process with your existing full-PinPoint license. Look in the Windows Start Menu/PinPoint folder, and there you'll see a shortcut to "Register PinPoint."
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

Thanks Dick but this is the 60 day trial for ACP and because of that I don't have the license to enter it. My license for ACP V5 won't work of course although it really should since this is a trial for an upgrade.

Barbara

QUOTE=Dick Berg;60445]Hi Barbara, You can also first try re-running the PinPoint registration process with your existing full-PinPoint license. Look in the Windows Start Menu/PinPoint folder, and there you'll see a shortcut to "Register PinPoint."[/QUOTE]

Barbara, I'm sorry. I read your message as having trouble with the PinPoint license. I assumed that you had purchased it separately. Bob can help you really soon now!
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

The info here is a bit confusing... Did you have a previous version of ACP on this system? By design, ACP allows only one 60 day trial "forever", and no trial on upgrades. Uninstalling ACP will not reset the trial either.

This is a guess, so once I know the answer to the above I can go further.
    -- Bob

This system has never had acp installed on it. I installed the acp trial package on it and acp installed ok but focus max says that Pinpoint LE is installed on it. I had installed Maxim on it after acp and I have had maxim overwrite the full pinpoint license with the LE license before. I need to verify that all aspects of this version of acp will work correctly with my system before I purchase it especially in view of the new terms of the license.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denny View Post
    The info here is a bit confusing... Did you have a previous version of ACP on this system? By design, ACP allows only one 60 day trial "forever", and no trial on upgrades. Uninstalling ACP will not reset the trial either.

This is a guess, so once I know the answer to the above I can go further.

Installing ACP trial will not extend a PinPoint trial. So if you installed PinPoint in the past, then later you decided to install the ACP trial, the PinPoint trial will not get a "new lease on life", and you won't be able to trial ACP. I will probably need to log into your system and do what you want. The only thing I can't do is create another 60 days trial and that is by design. I am confused by MaxIm saying it has PinPoint LE.

I will be around the rest of the week most of the day. Give me a few times.
    -- Bob

Never mind I fixed the problem myself and can continue with the 60 day trial though with a bad taste in my mouth. Last time it took me 2 months to debug and rewrite the program.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denny View Post
    Installing ACP trial will not extend a PinPoint trial. So if you installed PinPoint in the past, then later you decided to install the ACP trial, the PinPoint trial will not get a "new lease on life", and you won't be able to trial ACP. I will probably need to log into your system and do what you want. The only thing I can't do is create another 60 days trial and that is by design. I am confused by MaxIm saying it has PinPoint LE.

I will be around the rest of the week most of the day. Give me a few times.

Thread Information