Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes. That's it.

07:13:16 00:13:16 ...Image X,Y: 553, 420
    07:13:16 00:13:16 ...Full frame (1x1 bin) X,Y: 1659, 1260
    07:13:16 00:13:16 ...Max pointing error = 1 (arc-min)
    07:13:16 00:13:16 Current pointing error = 0.1429 (arc-min)
    07:13:16 00:13:16 ** AcquireStar completed **
    07:13:17 **Autofocus failed. Check FocusMax log for details.
    07:13:17 Autofocus finished.
    07:13:17 ***AutoFocus failed.

This means that FocusMax is telling ACP that it failed, even though it seems to have succeeded. ACP checks the "completion status" from FocusMax's scripting A. Could this be the FocusMax problem in this thread?

Focus Time Out but focusing has completed

Note that the "check for updates" in FocusMax is not working right now but you can go to the CCDWare site to get the latest. If that's not it, then this is maybe a new problem in FoOcusMax. Did you maybe update it lately? It is definitely bad info coming from FocusMax.
    -- Bob

I never seem to get the download updates to work except now and then so I get the updates from Steve. So I am a little confused. What is returned that you check that focusMax failed or was ok, is is condition state or looking at the string text returned. I did let Steve know about this too but have not heard back yet. This was happening in build 28 but I have 29 which is not released yet so trying to get this resolved. I saw this in build 28 so it was there before.
    Dean Salman
    Deep Sky Remote Observatory

http://www.ccdimages.com
    http://www.sharplesscatalog.com

Condition state:

Code:
                    If AFTime <= 0 Then                                 ' If FM ran too long  
                        Util.Console.PrintLine "**Autofocus took too long. Check FocusMax log for details."
                        '
                        ' WARNING! FocusMax will hang forever if you call this when it
                        ' is not actually busy. There is a small timing window above where 
                        ' AFTime could be <= 0 AND FMx went idle. 
                        '
                        If c_FMx.AcquireStarAsyncStatus = -1 Then c_FMx.Halt ' IF STILL BUSY(!) Stop FocusMax focus cycle
                    Elseif (c_FMx.AcquireStarAsyncStatus = 1) And (c_FMx.HalfFluxDiameter <> 0) Then    ' If looks like good AF run
                        c_lastFocusPosition = c_FMx.Position
                        Call ResetSimFWHM                               ' Reset simulator (quick so just do it)
                        c_lastFocusFWHM = 0                             ' **VITAL** Indicate just focused, plate solve will stach new lastFocusFWHM
                        c_lastAvgFWHM = 0                               ' **VITAL** Indicate to clients that no average is available yet
                        Util.Console.PrintLine "  FocusMax auto-focus successful!"
                        Util.Console.PrintLine "    HFD = " & Util.FormatVar(c_FMx.HalfFluxDiameter, "###.00")
                        Util.Console.PrintLine "    Focus position = " & c_FMx.Position
                        AutoFocus = True
                    Else
                        Util.Console.PrintLine "**Autofocus failed. Check FocusMax log for details."
                    End If
    -- Bob

So build 29 beta is working fairly well now. I am not seeing thsi problem anymore as well. We have some clear nights coming so working with the beta for a few nights. The big advantage is the slew to zenith from park so the reslew does not try to plate sole the wall and fail.
    Dean Salman
    Deep Sky Remote Observatory

http://www.ccdimages.com
    http://www.sharplesscatalog.com

Good!! Thanks.
    -- Bob

Thread Information